ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

When to use a Battery Maintainer

172 CUP / MG4 XPOWER
No doubt this has already been discussed, but I have just purchased a 172 Cup that I may only be using once every couple weeks perhaps longer, well certainly longer in the winter. If I get a battery maintainer is it best just to have it hooked up all the time? Also are CTEK the go to brand?

Andyano12

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup + more
I have CTEK chargers (think it is the MXS5) on all my cars, I leave them on constantly, the idea is that the charger will maintain the battery and pulse the battery every so often (I am sure someone can explain better than my attempts) which keeps the battery health up.

In my opinion the best brand to go with as there are plenty of accessories and you can hard wire them in so is very easy to connect and disconnect.

Hope this helps, welcome to Cup ownership and put some pics of the Cup up!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I use a Ctek on my car. I only use the car maybe 5 or 6 times a year and 3-ish years on, battery is still perfect.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
2-4weeks usually OK standing on its own if batt is good.

If standing for longer periods hook up a trickle charger or disconnect the batt negative.

172 CUP / MG4 XPOWER
I have CTEK chargers (think it is the MXS5) on all my cars, I leave them on constantly, the idea is that the charger will maintain the battery and pulse the battery every so often (I am sure someone can explain better than my attempts) which keeps the battery health up.

In my opinion the best brand to go with as there are plenty of accessories and you can hard wire them in so is very easy to connect and disconnect.

Hope this helps, welcome to Cup ownership and put some pics of the Cup up!
Ok good the MXS 5.0 was the one I was looking at, will get one ordered.

I put a few pics up in the "new to clio sport area", I had a CUP 16 years ago and should never have sold it, so pleased to be back in one!

Thanks for you help.

Attachments

• CUP 15.jpg
    CUP 15.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 26
  • CUP 16.jpg
    CUP 16.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 31
  • CUP 18.jpg
    CUP 18.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 30
  • CUP 5.jpg
    CUP 5.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 28
  • CUP 6 MILEAGE.jpg
    CUP 6 MILEAGE.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 26

Andyano12

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup + more
Ok good the MXS 5.0 was the one I was looking at, will get one ordered.

I put a few pics up in the "new to clio sport area", I had a CUP 16 years ago and should never have sold it, so pleased to be back in one!

Thanks for you help.
That looks great!! Difficult to find good low mileage unmolested Cups nowadays!