ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oooooch

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
just heard from renault my fan belt has snapped, my power stearing has gone an something else i never heard of........

getting sorted as we speak, god knows what caused it was just driving down a carrige way..an car stalled stearing lock came on, absolutly s**t myself as i was doing about 70 an my little girl of 3 was in the car with me......05 cars shouldnt be doing that in my books, just glad its all under warrenty think it would be a nice nifty bill otherwise......

BMW 330d :)
Maybe they used an elastic band instead of a belt ;) Glad you and your daughter are ok though :)

Shocking thing to happen on an 05 car.

Fraser

just had a call from them an they said what it is....they did some work on the alternater for me 6 week ago anthey think that they did not bolt the alternater back up properly so the vibrations on the car have slowly knocked the screws on alternater out, causing it to slip an that pulled the belt off whick snapped an went through a pipe that fu***d the power stearing up which made it lock...useless gits easy mistake to make(not)...just gone mad as like i say my little girl was in the car...they say there gonna sort me some compo out.....

Compensation? - Yeah right if your lucky!

I had a similar experience with incompetent mechanics

Thats very unlucky the problem is once the aux belt breaks it can hit the cambelt and so if your cambelt has broken the heads got to come off I'd try get a new head or better still a whole new engne you never know the damge the head might have taken with the valves hitting them.