ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OOOOOHHHHHHH Sh!t....

1.6 focus zetec....
...me and my dad have just been trying to put some new indicators on my car and it was a bit of a tough one ive gotta say!! My dad managed to break my new indicator and then decided he'd try and super glue it on...oh boy what a bad idea!! The glue started running from the bottom all over my front wing...he tried to wipe it off only for it to go up the side and make it worse!!

Ive tried polishing it and going to get some t-cut tomorrow...also my uncle works in a bodyshop so is going to have a go with thinners as he knows the limits but wandered if anyone else had any ideas!!

Kiza

P.S- sorry if its in the wrong forum

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
You get an adhesive expander, forget what it's called. But I used to to remove the glue residue from the K-tec carbon fibre sills where soapy water wouldnt work. It's your best bet. Either that, or take it to a bodyshop. My dad owns one and we used, again, the adhesive removed to remove silicone glue from my front bumper when re-applying the washer blanking plates.

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
kiza1986 said:
will try these idea...will nail varnish remover wreck paint?

No. But as always, test on a concealed area. Although i'm 99% sure it won't work anyway.

1.6 focus zetec....
Thanks lads...petrol it is lol...better not let my dad by it cos knowing him he'll light up a fag or something!!

Kiza

535d / t5 caravelle
kiza1986 said:
Thanks lads...petrol it is lol...better not let my dad by it cos knowing him he'll light up a fag or something!!

Kiza

lol, hope you get it sorted mate