ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opening bonnet

Help!

My bonnet pull is just not opening the bonnet!!!

How can i open it?

The computer is reading the oil is on minimum and I cant open up the bonnet to fill up!!!!

Ahhhhh! Its an 02 clio

Not being pedantic but have you opened your bonnet before - only saying this as you might need to pull a bit harder ? But please dont break it. (reason i say this is I had my windscreen replaced last week and the guy couldnt open the bonnet - he just didnt pull hard enough)

Clio Gtt

mine do the same, but mine an l reg.

what i did was jack the car up ,take the drivers side wheel off then i pulled back the arch liner and stretched up into the bay and pulled the cable.

might be the same on yours???

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Quote: Originally posted by juss on 13 April 2003

What i did was jack the car up ,take the drivers side wheel off then i pulled back the arch liner and stretched up into the bay and pulled the cable.

Seems like a bit much to open your bonnet!!! Take it back to Renault, theyll fix it, is it still under warrenty?

sounds like a plan, thats why we buy new cars cos the dealer has to do all the fixing! (plus saves me doing any work)

the cable or something has come away from the latch!

tried everything, but its not having it!

Gonna have to go back under and try and reach for it!

Im fairly mechanically minded, so I aint being dim and not pulling hard enuff...lol hope not..lol

Who ever did the bonnet extension hasnt put all the mechanism back together properly