ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opening ports on a caravan park router?

2014 Focus Titanium
Hello!

My brother in law owns a small security installation firm and if he is ever installing in homes or small businesses he gets me to come and open up ports on the router so that cameras can be viewed on the property from the WAN. Normally this is a pretty simple operation in which there or 4 or 5 ports to open up and I just open them to the DVR's IP address.

However we are looking at doing an install for a guys caravan, and he can access the internet from his caravan through the caravan park's wireless. I haven't been down to the place but I assume that there are some wireless access points around the park which are all networked to a router.

So how would I go about getting these ports opened for his DVR? I don't know much about proxy servers but would it be something like set up a Proxy?

Cheers!

Alan

my guess they wouldnt allow it

other than that camera has fixed ip so you just get them to do what you usually do you cant do anything

Fiesta ST
No doubt they used an IT Company to do the setup and they have no idea what you talking about - They would have to get their IT guys to do it - which no doubt there would be a charge of some kind.