ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opening Xenons

Clio 172
Is it possible to open xenons as mine are somehow dirty inside and I'd like to get them cleaned up before I put them back on the car?
Cheers

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
There a sealed unit.

Some people have melted the silicone before and pulled them apart though.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
You hear of people putting them in the oven to split them, never tried myself.

Clio 172
It's like water marks, one of the caps was missing off the back when I took them off though so they have possibly getting wet via that, not sure as I've only had the car a month

Well the standard oven method used for some lights is risky on these, the plastic lenses are thin, and to get whichever glue is used on these lights tacky enough to pry open the lenses without melting the plastic lenses at the same time might be hard, I've also read that to seal them again properly is hard and the mist issues can occur after.

But I think some have managed it, have a search and see if you can find anything.

Stealth 438'd 182
i've opened mine.. stick em on a rack in the oven and keep checking to make sure they dont get too hot have some screwdrivers at the ready.. you may have to do a few 'bakes' and keep running the screw driver round to get all the glue out.. they eventually come apart with a lot of persuasion and swearing

in the end though i still went and bought a new set from renault as the lenses still had the usual mouldy top !

Last edited:
  Stealth 438'd 182
I managed to get one brand new from a scrappy boxed and everything the other I got through a friend who works for Renault think it was 180 really can't remember lol worth it IMO as the front looks so much better!!