ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

opinions on car buying

Right guys im after opinions, on this subject. Here we go

DAY1

Am looking to buy a cup at the mo, i heard about that 10,500 for a new pre reg cup. so I went to my local dealership yesterday to investigate. They said that, that offer was over, but they did have a 53 reg cup with 1900 on the clock for 10,500. but this car was at another one of their garages down the road(rover garage). So im interested at this point, but one thing is bugging me why has this car got only 1900 miles on. Salesman then disappeared for a while,came back then proceeded to phone the previous owner, saying he was interested in the car himself and wanted to know why he got rid after 2 months, and 1900 miles of ownership. he then put the person on speakerphone, who said it was too small for him, and he had, had 6 six cars in the last 2 years, and that his wife had a 172(surely he would know it would be small) and then he started to sound like a saleman saying how good it was(why did he f**king sell it then)but i was taking all this in, I said i would go away and think about it, and would let him know today what the crack is. So last night was talking to me dad and he said was it actually a customer the saleman was talking to (that got me thinking, he didnt sound like a customer sounded like a saleman, who happened to be home at half two in the afternoon)

DAY2

went to see the car today at the rover garage, looking clean no marks or anything, so asked a salesman there about miles and history he said car had 2400 miles on. then quizzed him about price which was 11.999 there and previous owner and reason for px but he got cagey and tried to go on to my car which i just dont have time for, so I now I have a dilemma and a couple of questions i need answering

Was that ex owner a saleman?

why was the car £11,999 and they would let me have it for £10500?

is that car bent?and they want rid

and how come last month they were selling new cups for 10,500 now im getting offered a second hand one for 10500?

Any input is welcome!

Sorry for the rant

if a car has loads of problems from new then you can reject it, this sounds like a rejected car the dealer is trying to get rid of.

may be kosher, theres loads about for 10,500 walk away and find one your not suspicous about.

Normally if you get a bad feel about something, something is wrong. Tis those extra "scam senses" we have ;) .

Imo, Walk away

im considering offering them 10,000 to see what they say, leave the ball in their court. car comes with warranty!

They are just a bunch of stealers!

to be honest i wouldnt offer them any thing for it !

i would walk away & find one else where.

a dude i know has just bought a 53 plate pre reg cup, with no miles on for 10.5k

that was 2 weeks ago, plus there are still pre reg cups for sale.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Try the Autotrader, there were some cups at Renault Watford, and a group in Solihull in Midlands bought the last few cups off the production line.

Chances are that its an ex-demo, which one of the sales reps would have had. They get them as freebies and incentives of working for the dealership. They put up to about 5K on them, and then they put it for sale as a second hand car.

http://www.georgerhodes.co.uk/_georgerhodes.htmhttp://www.georgerhodes.co.uk/_georgerhodes.htm

This is one example Ive gotten from the trader...give dealers a call and see what they are willing to offer you for your hard earned...Good luck, and happy hunting.

first prize goes to chowy, thats where the car is. its another vardy in the region im dealing with.

cheers for the advice lads!

kick the tires(ill try that one)