ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions on Clio 1.2 TCE 100

Renault Clio 1.6 VVT
Hi all!

I want some genuine opinions on the Clio 1.2 TCE 100 model. I'm currently running a 1.6 VVT 128 GT which is a great car, but has really disappointed me with performance and economy.

To get any kind of 'kick' from it I need to get it up to 3000 revs, which kills my fuel economy. I don't thrash it and only average 32mpg :(
For a sport car with 128 bhp, it doesn't feel very quick from the off, and is nothing special when it comes to overtaking.

I know I'd get some good punch out of one of the 1.5 diesels, but I don't think I do enough mileage to have one.

Does anyone know what the TCE is like to drive? Does it feel quite punchy? What MPG does it achieve?

Any input would help! Thanks.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I have one for the wife and I love it but don't expect any Turbo like traits in standard form.

It drives like an NA 1600 and you wouldn't really know it's a Turbo. Ours manages 43mpg and we're only getting rid as the family is growing so we are looking at the 1.6dCi Scenics

M3 SMG
Driven many miles in my partners one. It's ok. Much better than her old 1.4 n/a but there are some flat spots. In second gear at low revs entering a roundabout it verges on dangerous. But once the turbo is wound up it's not exactly quick but it's quite "peppy" and at ease on an Mway.

Think I would rather the diesel as yes it costs more to buy but it will also sell for more when you come to part with it. Plus petrol cars can be economical if driven like miss daisy whereas diesels seem to return better mpg under more real world driving situations.

Mpg we average is 41 round town 43/4 on the Mway. Seen as much as 46mpg a few times but this is rare and not an average.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
once they have injectors and a map they properly take off at 2000rpm like an old skool turbo car! I love them!

bit mild in standard form but a nice balance of low down grunt and quite revvy

Clio 182
Just swapped mine for a 182 - If you're heavy footed I wouldn't go with the TCe, I'm getting more to the gallon out of the 182!!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I'm already attending "Diesel Denial" classes Rob which I've been told is the hardest step. After that I've just got to remember which fuel pump to use but it won't be an easy thing to do.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Diesels ruin you, once you've been black you never go back as they say. fast cars mpg make me sick, when it didn't bother me in the slightest before I had tried a DCI!