ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions on this ax?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Bet to my possible track car obsession. What are people's thoughts on this as a possible?

5D2476B6-5615-4155-BA76-96D4D4668F8C-149-00000002E95573A9_zpseff72648.jpg

F3955EEE-1C59-4B16-91E1-D5C7F3331441-149-00000002EF588CEF_zps0c65cbce.jpg

D7EF2D73-C115-4EB8-8F08-B5BB9C667CDE-149-00000002F536023D_zpsc4d4d526.jpg

76AC9607-7197-41B5-99B5-B02C67D264A4-149-00000002FEA3150B_zps1586b7eb.jpg

79722CBC-E96A-41CC-B83E-5DE7018C72BE-149-000000030497B7F0_zps8646495b.jpg

It's a shed but with the vts engine in that shell it should go well.

Track car only - not a daily!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
As a track car it'd be ideal. I'd want to tidy the inside a bit though. Looks mingin as f**k.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
It would be a riot on track imo. Just needs a lick of paint on the inside :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I like it! Would love a sleeper ax.

genuine question, why do people take a screen shot of a picture on their phone then post it, rather than just posting the pic?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
According to the ad it's 660kg with a cammed 16v engine putting out 150bhp.

I find the bhp figures a bit optimistic but the weight might be in the right ball park.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I like it! Would love a sleeper ax.

genuine question, why do people take a screen shot of a picture on their phone then post it, rather than just posting the pic?

It wouldn't let me copy the picture on my phone from the ad for some reason so had to screen shot it.

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I can quite believe the 155bhp in honesty, the JP4 engine respond's really well to modification. My old standard GTi made 133bhp, that thing was rapid..

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Whats been done on the handling side of things? You'll probably die in a 30mph impact too should you crash..lol! I'd def want a cage..

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
According to the ad it's 660kg with a cammed 16v engine putting out 150bhp.

I find the bhp figures a bit optimistic but the weight might be in the right

That would give it circa 230bhp/T. If those figures are correct (like Danny I can certainly see no reason not to believe it), it would be rapid. I'd seriously consider a cage, lol.

Great minds Tom, ha!

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I was just about to say, thats well above 220bhp/tonne!

If that is right it'll be about 5.5s to 60mph F L O L.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
This is the spec from the advert;

Car has had a lot of time and money spent on it, Its main feature being an engine conversion from a mk1 citroen saxo vts 1.6 16v which makes it a very quick little thing for the size/weight of it, Its being completely stripped out EVERY unnecessary part has been removed to save weight as this is a track day car,

Car has some mot march 29th 13, So could be driven back if taxed (currnetly has no tax, I cant tax either as im no longer insured on the car)

Its just been fitted with a new cluth and a low mileage saxo vtr gearbox due to the thrust bearing going and the car jamming in gear (receipt to prove)

Here is a list of the mods off the top of my head:
saxo vts engine, saxo vtr gearbox with new clutch (mileage unknown on either engine or shell due to the car been fitted with saxo clocks)
421 raceland exhaust manifold
cda induction kit
engine bay sprayed and car fully waxoiled
straight through performance exhaust
unlocked ecu
modified top engine mount
apparently its running newman ph3 high lift cams although ive never had the covers off
saxo radiator and fan (fan is wired to a manual switch within the car)
push button start (sometimes button takes a few pushes but it always starts)
two sparco bucket seats
luke 4 point harness
bonnet raised kit
bonnet shutter clips
racing steering wheel and boss kit
citroen c5 super light steel wheels
drilled and grooved big brake disk conversion, still drum on rear
lowered all round about 50mm at a guess not sure on make of the springs of dampers
braided brake lines

car has a very small oil leak from the rocker cover gasket, (common on this engine)

Thats about all i can think of at the moment, But il add if i remember anything else as the auction goes on,
Please remember this car is over 20 years old any rust has been seen too its been built by the previous owner for one purpose," Track car" but road legal at the same time its still on the logbook as a 1.4 new owner will have to amend this if they wish,

I was planning on tracking this car myself but due to my girlfriend falling pregnant i have to sell both my cars for a sensible every day one, Weight figures i was told 660kg and power figures 152bhp not sure how true they are but i can say this car will give alot my powerfull cars a run for there money its rapid as you can imagine,

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
It had advisories for brakes and the inner sills showing signs of corrosion but apparently the sills have been sorted with new steel and the brakes have been upgraded to gti 6 on the front but still drums on the rear.

iceberg phase 2 172
as said it should be an animal lol . i had a 106 gti last yr that was around 152bhp and semi stripped an it was crazy , struggled to put the power down tbh , an ate gearboxes for fun in the process lol
IMG_0732_zpse0ca61bd.jpg

IMG_0727_zps107afed9.jpg

IMG_0735_zpse9e93ff3.jpg

IMG_0734_zpse986b0bb.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
If you don't buy that send me the details, I'll pick it up this weekend

My mate had a valvered AX - it f**king flew. I couldn't keep with it in the Clio!

To be fair (although a long time ago) when I used to go in my mates 1.4 8v it flew..lol

clio 172 phase 2
as said it should be an animal lol . i had a 106 gti last yr that was around 152bhp and semi stripped an it was crazy , struggled to put the power down tbh , an ate gearboxes for fun in the process lol
IMG_0732_zpse0ca61bd.jpg

IMG_0727_zps107afed9.jpg

IMG_0735_zpse9e93ff3.jpg

IMG_0734_zpse986b0bb.jpg

My mate had that car ? Was rapid . When did you buy it mate ?

iceberg phase 2 172
My mate had that car ? Was rapid . When did you buy it mate ?
i bought it about this time last yr mate from a mark aaron ? in camarthen , was a right bucket when i bought it off him without knowing , but sold as seen etc , he bought a black 182 after it i think , car was unsafe 2bh

clio 172 phase 2
Yea i know mark he bought it off a guy a before he had it , i knew the lad that bought it first of all . Infact them pics are at his house . Was mint when he had it . Its had alot of owners and boy racers from around my area

iceberg phase 2 172
yeah no offence but that mark is a bullshitter , sold a dangerous car and claimed to know nothing about it but i spoke 2 the previous owner on 106owners who told me otherwise

pimp mobile Zafira
Good fun and very light. Iirc they're made out of hopes and dreams. Like already said a cage is a must. I pranged mine and was very lucky.

VTR box is way too long and it has huge holes between 1st 2nd and 3rd - it's a horrible box
Citroen whacked it on the VTR to slow it down because there wasn't enough of a gap between a VTR and VTS

My old GTi had a VTR box on when I bought it and it was utter shite off the line :(