ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions wanted on lowering please

ive got my 1.4 16v clio.

which im not "bad boyin" im more interested in mods that will improve performance, hence my full de cat exhaust k tec racing induction kit, and soon chipped.

im keeping the standard alloys 13" as i think they look nice and any bigger wud kill any kinda of performance my 1.4 might have,

im thinkin about lowering it tho, but dont want to go too crazy.

i looked today ane saw i could could get a set of Pi lowering springs fitted for £135. these lower the car 30-35 mm.

would this look any good? im dont want to go any lower than this.

opinions please..............

cheers for the pic.

you notice much difference in ride comfort??

thats the look i wana go for slightly lower, just to give it a slightly more aggressive stance.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

a lot of peeps would argu that 60mm is what u really need. i dunno though i was worried it might b too low on 17s which is what im getting sooner or later. ill c how 40mm look on em and change if i need to i rekon. does look more aggressive and the 1.4s and 1.6s look lower than 40mm anyways i rekon as the engine seems to keep them v low...mine looks like 60mm on the front. ride difference is negligible so dont worry about that.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

actually the 60mm drop ride is fine too as ive been in one. heh fred on here has 110 drop and rekons its fine! hehe dont worry about ride mate, u wont notice and wont remeber any different after a few days... honestly, go for how u want it to look, maybe someone can post up a 60mm drop for u to help u make up ur mind, although i have never seen a 60m on the standard 15s...

i had a mark 1 clio that i lowered 40mm on the standar wheels and they almost disappered up the arches!

these new clios r very very very high as standard.

so maybe a 60mm drop wudnt look so crazy>???

if u are looking for better handling i wouldnt lower more than 30-35mm. if manufacturers build cars like that is for a reason. more than that and the ride quality will be much worse. also, 60mm or more will turn the car in a bump-stop special. harsh ride and dangerous on bumpy roads.

Quote: Originally posted by tomdbomb on 03 March 2004
bump^^^^^ any1got ant any other opinions on a 35mm dropon a new clio? 

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by crono33 on 03 March 2004

if u are looking for better handling i wouldnt lower more than 30-35mm. if manufacturers build cars like that is for a reason. more than that and the ride quality will be much worse. also, 60mm or more will turn the car in a bump-stop special. harsh ride and dangerous on bumpy roads.

Quote: Originally posted by tomdbomb on 03 March 2004

bump^^^^^

any1got ant any other opinions on a 35mm dropon a new clio?
60mm is the only way to go!!!! Sorry, but theres nothing dangerous about lowering 60mm!!! Renault built the cars like that so any old biddie can go shopping in the thing!!!!

a 60mm drop on a 1.2/1.4/1.6 is the same as a 40mm drop on a 172 (remember theyre 20mm lower std)

I dont see anyone saying its dangerous to lower a 172 40mm?????

yeh i know a 60 mm drop would wot i wud go for if i were puttin 17s on my car but im not as i explained, they just kill any kind of performance and thats what im interested in.

a 60 mm drop on standard wheels would look v low i can imagine.

im just gona go for a 35 mm drop on Pi springs.

£125 fully fitted.

how much suspension travel is left lowering 60mm?

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 04 March 2004
Quote: Originally posted by crono33 on 03 March 2004if u are looking for better handling i wouldnt lower more than 30-35mm. if manufacturers build cars like that is for a reason. more than that and the ride quality will be much worse. also, 60mm or more will turn the car in a bump-stop special. harsh ride and dangerous on bumpy roads.

Quote: Originally posted by tomdbomb on 03 March 2004 bump^^^^^ any1got ant any other opinions on a 35mm dropon a new clio? 
[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]60mm is the only way to go!!!! Sorry, but theres nothing dangerous about lowering 60mm!!! Renault built the cars like that so any old biddie can go shopping in the thing!!!!a 60mm drop on a 1.2/1.4/1.6 is the same as a 40mm drop on a 172 (remember theyre 20mm lower std)I dont see anyone saying its dangerous to lower a 172 40mm?????