ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions

Punto/Clio GTT
with a tidy up and a good polish that'll come up looking sweet. aint overly keen on the morettes, but i bet you could sell those and make a profit if in with the spares aint the original headlights.

97k is bugger all really for a j plate imo. plus its just had clutch n cambelt. ide go round mate n ask if you can view it first

97k isnt alot really considering its a j reg, its a 15 year old car when ya think about it and i know a few knocking on with over 140k miles and still running strong!
The original lights are there which id prob swap, not really a big fan on quads myself...
Sent him a mesage the otherday and still awaiting a reply :p

Octy VRS
History/receipts? Check with the garages it has been serviced at. I'd get it checked out properly myself before I went anywhere near it and not trust anything you are told by the seller.

It does have gas flowed 6x9's though!

320d
Looks a good buy for the money

I'd check it is actually a willy lump, when the engine transplant happened etc etc

Private plate is prob worth about £250

Are you buying to break or use it?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
brisa4984 said:
97k even on todays motors id be worried with.. on a tampered modded mk1 non willy wit a willy engine.. personally i wouldnt

did u ask the guy why hes selling?

What are you on about????

my mate ahad a valver with 155k on it about 3 years ago, i still see it driving around.
My old cavalier sri had 176k on it when i sold it 4 years ago, still belongs to our Kleeneze delivery man, never let him down.

Mileage don't mean fcuk all nowadays, not if their looked after with regular oil changes etc.

That looks to be a very,very early valver (yes I know it's a J reg) but it's got the early seats & that renault badge (the small square one) on the door pillars.

If it checks out (loads of paperwork etc) go for it, with a bit of a tidy up it could be a bargain.
97k is sweet fa for a mk1 tbh - providing it's been looked after:)

If no paper, then a big NO. It says it's had various fitments from "Williams", not a transplant. I'd be running away TBH. No matter what the cost. If anything is wrong you are facing HUGE bills. Numpties putting varying, and non standard parts is a huge worry. It's not been done properly.

Remember people will say anything to sell it, eg. "just lost my job". People lie FFS. Sounds & looks like a real dog TBH

brisa4984 said:
97k even on todays motors id be worried with.. on a tampered modded mk1 non willy wit a willy engine.. personally i wouldnt

did u ask the guy why hes selling?

why??? LOL

you can have a 40k car thats in worse condition than a 100k car. Depends on the owner

Blue Clio 182
I wouldnt believe that the reason for sale is that he has lost his job, £800.00 isnt gunna get him far, More like he cant afford the repairs due to losing his job!!

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
Billytheclio said:
I wouldnt believe that the reason for sale is that he has lost his job, £800.00 isnt gunna get him far, More like he cant afford the repairs due to losing his job!!

exactly what i was thinkin..

im against high milers just from seeing a few and the trouble they cause (repair after repair)..u can never be sure how well the car is looked after... if the cars looked after and sold by an entusiast on here for example then fair enough.. id give a second thought..

Megane Mk4
Plattsy said:
Looking at buying this, its local and cheap and has plenty of spares which is a good thing.
So what do ya all think?

It's unlike you to ask for opinions Craig. You usually go for it regardless,
Would look at the link too but it's not working for me :(

You trying to make up for the valver you no longer have? Shame you got rid of that matey, Nice motor it was. ;)

i cant see how 97k is high mileage for a 15 year old car... its well below average...
How do you know its not been fitted properly or setup professionaly...
I still havent recieved a message back from him yet so if he dont reply then i wont be buying...
Id be buying to use.... i wish i never sold the hybrid at the start of the year but i lost my job then so i had to sell....

only thing thats putting me off is the claimed power figure and the modifications... am sure it could work but not brilliantly...
It has plenty of tax and test on it so am not worried about faults but i cant inspect until he replies