ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Optical / Digital audio help!

6/468 17poo
Ok so I bought one of these turntables which has phono out AND digital optical out:

http://www.project-audio.com/main.php?prod=essential2digital&cat=turntables&lang=en

My thinking was that I could plug this directly into a sons playbar which has a digital optical in and it would play through my speakers. It doesn't I cannot get the record player to output a signal which the playbar can read, at the end of the optical cable there is a red light which is the signal, I have also plugged the record player into an old Sony hifi with digital optical in and an old amp and nothing no sound.

I took it back to Richer Sounds thinking that there was a fault, we plugged it into a hifi with the same digital cable and it worked first time!?

Therefore my question is that the record player is kicking out a digital 24bit signal, is this a new type of signal which only brand new systems can read? The playbar hears the signal but no sound comes out because as soon as i turn the turntable on and the signal is sent it interrupts spotify on the songs playbar but then no sound?

Any help would be great I'm pulling my hair out!

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
sounds like a stupid question. But have you tried a different optical cable?