ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

optimax 98 ron

Sorry if this has been posted before. I did try to search but as its limited at the moment didnt get to much joy.

I read alot of you just use normal 95 rated fuel. Just picked up my new 182 and it recommends on the fuel filler cap to use super unleaded 98 rated.

Just wondering why people are using the below recommend level?

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Its because 98 will give you the best performance so they will say that. Doubt 95 will hurt a new engine with good ECU but your better off with the best you can get. BP do 97 (Ultimate) Esso do 97 (supreme)

Tesco now do 99 and at 87p its cheaper than the rest too.

yeah, it doesnt matter if you use 95 but you will get better performance and mpg using 98 as the engine is designed for that.

i use optimax cos thats wat it needs plus helps with performance but hurts the wallet but if you can afford the car you can afford the petrol for it :)

Shell garage is nearest to me and cheapest around so dont mind using it.

Anyone notice any improvement in fuel ecom with optimax? In CTR we get on avg. another 30miles out of a tank with Opti.

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

I get no mileage improvement with Optimax over Tesco super unleaded. It does feel a bit more responsive straight after filling up with Optimax though, but doesnt last.