ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

optimax

Renault Laguna Coupe

Have a look at www.shell.co.uk - lots of info about Optimax. In my experience it does make a noticable difference. The engine is smoother and accelleration seems (even) more eager.

The only differnce you will see in your 172 or Valver will be to the MPG, and even then it will be very marginal.

It will not make any noticable difference to the performance. You might get 1bhp more, but then on a cold morning you could also get the odd 1 or 2bhp more as opposed to a hot day as the air is colder therefore more dence, giving a better burn.

Optimax has a higher octane rating which helps turbod engines form pinking. The amount of people who say "I put optimax in and it goes much better!" is amazing, it wont make any difference, at all!

Renault Laguna Coupe

It depends what you are comparing it with. The 172 is designed to run on super unleaded (98 RON). Ive never used this. My comparison is with ordinary 95 RON unleaded, and I think thats why so many people notice a difference. Whether it makes any difference on models which are designed for 95 RON fuel or not I couldnt say.

Optimax was cheaper here than Super unleaded. The 172 Ecu will acount for the higher octane and advance the timing so you get a increase in performance.

Chun.

my 172 runs so much better on optimax, Ive been running on it for a few months now but the other week i was forced into using normal unleaded, the difference was massive,(was a good excuse to use it all up asap and get back to the good stuff)