ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Optimax

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by fastwunz on 05 April 2004

Nope, its all complete marketing wankiness - may keep ure engine slightly cleaner but thats really about it!
Thats a dam good reason to use it if you ask me!

As for the original question I cant really comment as Ive never used anything other than Optimax. Renault suggest 98ron fuel so I use Optimax.

I think I might use normal unleaded.. but then use Optimax every now and again.. to clean or something, heh.

Dont notice any performance difference but it definately runs a bit better on optimax and is better for the engine imo

like i said - the performance part is complete rubbish - the cleaning part is not! And it cost A LOT more than normal unleaded!!!

Mr2 Roadster

If its higher octane that it is better at high temperatures as it is less likely to predetonate...

must admit me car goes slighty quicker with optimax as i used bp ultimate last night didnt feel as good :(

Lee

BMW M2C

Ive always used it and having spoken to some of my mates who changed to it after using normal unleaded they now swear by the stuff.

One of them has an Impreza Turbo, the other has an Ibiza Cupra 20VT, Impreza Turbo and a TVR Cerbera. They both reckon they saw noticable differences in performance. This seems to only be the case with a higher performance engine, turbos in particular.

never noticed any difference,i use both bp+ the shell stuff and have to say my car in my opinion runs better on the bp stuff...

Skoda Fabia vRS

well i run it, 2 reasons really, Andy at GDI told me to when he had finished my conversion, and secondly because it keeps the inside of the engine clean, as proven by EVO magazine

Same reason as Brun really...

Tried ultimate the other day.....and its crap, before I knew it I was on empty. Sticking with Optimax.