ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Orange Broadband Unlimited LiveBox 8mb Wireless

CTR--VX220D
I currently have Orange broadband 1MB connection... 2GB Download capped... £17.99 a month.

So obviously I need to sort something out!

I have just ordered a new laptop [already have a laptop and desktop] so I am going to create a mini local wireless network.

I have just upgraded to Orange Unlimited for an extra £2 a month which will give me a 8MB connection, unlimited downloads, Wireless Livebox router, Unlimited free calls to any UK, or International landline, and 10ppm to mobiles anytime through Livewire... etc.

Seems like a good setup.

Have any of you got it and how is it going?

Chris :)

Clio172
I have as above, but only pay £17.99 a month. Threaten to quit and tell them sky are doing it for x amount or free.
I dont use the free phone calls as its through the livebox and it has a lot of static interferance.
Havent really noticed a differance in speed either, but very handy for torrents with unlimited downloads, if you know what I mean.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
I have an Orange mobile phone and get all of the above including free VOIP calls to landline numbers for £5!

2002 Clio Sport 172
I got this live box and couldnt for love nor money get the damn cd to install on my pc.. the cd just wont run, even tho i have tried 2 different ones!

6/468 17poo
ive still got the original wanadoo package i wanna upgrade but dont see the point as u have to sign up for another 12 months which is crap as i wanna move soon!!!plus its gay that if u got an orange for u get it for a fiver, sort it out 02!!ffs

Mégane RS
yeah i have it and i'm only on 6mb but better than nothing, the cd wouldt run on mine but got my old pc out and set up the router and all is well :)

2002 Clio Sport 172
ive still got the original wanadoo package i wanna upgrade but dont see the point as u have to sign up for another 12 months which is crap as i wanna move soon!!!plus its gay that if u got an orange for u get it for a fiver, sort it out 02!!ffs

You can change to orange without doing a new contract thats what i did.. they dont make u take out a new one.. i pay 17.99 a month.

With regards to the cd not working i got told it was something to do with java or a direct x thing, apparantly if u have this on ur pc the cd doesnt run. not tried mine again since though.

CTR--VX220D
I got this live box and couldnt for love nor money get the damn cd to install on my pc.. the cd just wont run, even tho i have tried 2 different ones!

I have the answer ;)

It didnt work on mine either - its due to Adobe Flash Player being to high a SW level on your PC.

You need to firstly connect your livebox up - then use your cat 5 cable plugged into your laptop then into the red port on the router.

Open up your browser and type http://configuration.adsl/

You then need to enter in the username and password [admin/admin]

Add your orange username and password in also.

Your all done - your PC should have got an IP address and you should be able to use the net.

To connect wireless you need to press 1 at the rear of the livebox - the light should start flashing to indicate pairing. when you find the livebox in our wireless search enter in your WEP key and you should be online!

I had a problem with my WEP code because the encryption was set to WEP + WPA so I changed my router to WEP only and alls well!

The CD is for pussies!

Oh and I have got the full 8MB ;)

PS... If you have any problems with my guide hav a look on the orange website for troubleshooting etc.

6/468 17poo
When i went to upgrade it told me i was entering into a new 12month contract, poooo!!!

in the words of orange "
Your current broadband speed is:
1Meg
You can upgrade up to:
8Meg
Upgrade cost:
free

Changing your speed means you'll be starting a new 12 month contract from the date your speed change has completed. We'll email you to confirm the change. "

-Crap!

Last edited:
  Mondeo ST TDci
ive just done this package too. seems ok so far :D carn't complain at £5 per month for unlimited :D (with an orange mobile phone)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Won't make a difference if you're on a PC or a laptop. A Cat 5 cable is the type of cable used to connect networking devices such as a PC and a router. Its also commonly known as an ethernet cable.

2002 Clio Sport 172
Oh the good old Ethernet cable.. now your talking. cheers will give it a go later, have uninstalled adobe too!

CTR--VX220D
Dont worry with installing it from the CD .... I have been told it automatically installs drivers to your wireless card and other hardware making them either run poor or not at all.

Yep Cat 5 cable is the cable with RJ45 ends on them [or red! ;)] plug it in to your router [red slot] then into your desktop.

Then open up your browser and type http://configuration.adsl/ you will then be taken to the login screen.

Your all done - your PC should have got an IP address and you should be able to use the net.

Badda bing :D

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Dont worry with installing it from the CD .... I have been told it automatically installs drivers to your wireless card and other hardware making them either run poor or not at all.

Yep Cat 5 cable is the cable with RJ45 ends on them [or red! ;)] plug it in to your router [red slot] then into your desktop.

Then open up your browser and type http://configuration.adsl/ you will then be taken to the login screen.

Badda bing :D

Cheers Bud, its just made my day finding this, I didnt realise that the wep key was meant to be in capitols lol, ive been trying to do it for months! Now doing the admin / admin thing got me past that bllody password screen, I could see what to do!