ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Orange mobile users

None
Just phoned up and the women on the other end said the charges dont apply to me because i dont ever go over on my bills and i never phone 0845 numbers or whatever

I thought that because they have changed the terms i can still cancel, irrelevant whether i go over on my bill or not

Do i ring them back up and make the point, that they have still broken the terms of our contract and i think its unfair of them to do this so i want it cancelled ?????

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S
Just phoned up and the women on the other end said the charges dont apply to me because i dont ever go over on my bills and i never phone 0845 numbers or whatever

I thought that because they have changed the terms i can still cancel, irrelevant whether i go over on my bill or not

Do i ring them back up and make the point, that they have still broken the terms of our contract and i think its unfair of them to do this so i want it cancelled ?????

Same here. They wouldn't cancel mine because my last 08 number was dialed 4 months ago and they only legally need to go back 3 months.

I called one today but that appears to make no difference!

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
Yeah the missus rang up and its a no go unless you go over your minutes and/or ring 0845 numbers.

If u do ring 0845 numbers the cost has to be 2% or over the total of your bill.

Looking at the post above if its not done a while ago it dont count !!

It doesn't matter.

You can't legally change a contract without giving both parties a chance to terminate the contract.

The charges aren't just 0845, it applies to all calls over your allocated minutes. On Monday morning work might send you away on a course for a month or you might meet a new girl that lives the other end of the country and you'll spend hours on the phone.

Any excuses they use are just delaying tactics and you are funny entitled to cancel.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
i rang to cancel it doesn't really affect me anyway i mean i only used about 10 of my inclusive minutes lol. ended up paying less and getting a new se w995 my other orange contract runs out on the 5th of oct told them to cancel that one though

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S
I agree Revels, but they won't budge over that argument. They've had advice from their legal team and Ofcom and they're sticking to it. I was told that if I had a problem with their decision I should contact Ofcom.

To be honest, the changes barely affect me and so far have found Orange to be good, so I'll just go back to paying my extorsionately high mobile bill each month, and keep quiet, lol

lol, mebbe they're taking a hard line today then. If you're high useage, maybe that's why they didnt want to let you go! :dapprove:

My Step-Dad called yesterday, he has 3 contracts running on one (His, my sisters and my granddads) and they would happily cancel all 3. My Granddad has probably not spent 20mins on the phone in the last 6 months! lol..

Left his in the end as it wasn't worth cancelling, but got rid of the other 2.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S
yeah, apparantly they had new advice issued to all the advisors this morning. Guess I was a day too late!

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Phoned up for the missus this morning (business number) and said due to the changes in call charges want to cancel. Said ok, will put you through to the retentions dept who said ok now or in 30 days? Said now then 2 minutes later phone stopped working.

Done.

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
Phoned up for the missus this morning (business number) and said due to the changes in call charges want to cancel. Said ok, will put you through to the retentions dept who said ok now or in 30 days? Said now then 2 minutes later phone stopped working.

Done.

She must go over her minutes or call 0845 numbers etc

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Went to Phones for you to get my new contract today.

Still with orange and still paying £35 a month inc VAT.

However whereas before for £35 i was getting
Minutes:500 Texts:unlim Web:Non I know get....
Minutes:1200 Texts:3000 Web:unlim(500MB)

Long contract but i made sure it was £35 for the whole time didnt want insurance and after 9 months i can downgrade...he also said after 18 they would buy me out if i wished to change.

I know a few people have said dont deal with them but the deal was too good to pass up. Fingers crossed they dont f**k me about. The local shop is a mile from my house so i'll raise hell if soo.

Got a Sony Erricson W995 too. Its ace. Free mini speakers too. Schweet.

Now to sell the TOCCO.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
She must go over her minutes or call 0845 numbers etc
She has gone over once by about £110 lol.

However, as someone on the other site pointed out, having the contract gives you the right to go over your limit regardless of whether you do or not.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
She has gone over once by about £110 lol.

However, as someone on the other site pointed out, having the contract gives you the right to go over your limit regardless of whether you do or not.

You dont have to go over anything. The point is if you do it'll effect you..therefor they default on the T&C so you have the right to cancel without a penalty.

a burnt one
You dont have to go over anything. The point is if you do it'll effect you..therefor they default on the T&C so you have the right to cancel without a penalty.

Exactly, i wonder if i can get away with telling my car insurance company i don't need it because i have not had a claim in ten years.

It's an exaggeration but the same principal.

I think:S

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Went to Phones for you to get my new contract today.

Still with orange and still paying £35 a month inc VAT.

However whereas before for £35 i was getting
Minutes:500 Texts:unlim Web:Non I know get....
Minutes:1200 Texts:3000 Web:unlim(500MB)

Long contract but i made sure it was £35 for the whole time didnt want insurance and after 9 months i can downgrade...he also said after 18 they would buy me out if i wished to change.

I know a few people have said dont deal with them but the deal was too good to pass up. Fingers crossed they dont f**k me about. The local shop is a mile from my house so i'll raise hell if soo.

Got a Sony Erricson W995 too. Its ace. Free mini speakers too. Schweet.

Now to sell the TOCCO.

tis an awesome phone the w995 i got it a few days ago in red the best se imo yet

dk

911 GTS Cab
hmmm, i got the text message this morning informing me of the changes so i guess i qualify?

only got 2 months left on my contract but i just want one of these f**king shite, sheep ifuckers.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
tis an awesome phone the w995 i got it a few days ago in red the best se imo yet

Aye the camera is bloody quality panoramic pics look ace.

hmmm, i got the text message this morning informing me of the changes so i guess i qualify?

only got 2 months left on my contract but i just want one of these f**king s**te, sheep if**kers.

You wil qualify mate but with only 2 months left u may aswell just wait.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Aye the camera is bloody quality panoramic pics look ace.

You wil qualify mate but with only 2 months left u may aswell just wait.
hmm, i'm not someone who likes to wait, very much an impulse person and once i decide i want something it has to happen asap lol.

plus, i move into a new house in 6 weeks and want to have o2 internet so want to have the mobile on o2 by this time so i get the discount broadband too.

i only went over my bill once this year, was about 2-3 months ago too and it was by quite a bit so it looks like its worked out about right.

I remember when this same T&C change was happening on other mobile networks and other people did the same as this.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
TBH i'm the same mate i cant wait for anything and it often means spending more than i need to lol.

But as you've recieved the text i'd say ring em up asap and get it changed. As i stated before i've got a much better phone and the deal i have is 10x's better.

The guy i spoke to said 2 other networks had done the same thing but it didnt seem as 'public' and wide spread as this one.

a burnt one
I'm same as DK, i seen this thread, cancelled my contract and had my iPhone activated within 3 hours.

When you get that idea in youre head about something you just gotta roll with it.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I'm same as DK, i seen this thread, cancelled my contract and had my iPhone activated within 3 hours.

When you get that idea in youre head about something you just gotta roll with it.

You work fast....i like it.

Now make with the pics of the iphone slut...;)

172 Cup
Still just waiting for my PAC code to arrive, soon as thats here i'll be getting myself the iPhone.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Mine came in 2 days haha.

Think it was because I was sound with the guy and had a chat with him. He did say he would put it through as urgent but I thought he was bulshitting to make me happy. Win win

172 Cup

Think it was because I was sound with the guy and had a chat with him. He did say he would put it through as urgent but I thought he was buls**tting to make me happy. Win win

He said he would get it done asap but asked for it thurs evening in all fairness, so think it should be here tomorrow. If not i'll ring up and ask for it.

ST

Think it was because I was sound with the guy and had a chat with him. He did say he would put it through as urgent but I thought he was buls**tting to make me happy. Win win

Two days seems to be the standard matey..

S4 Avant
Just got off the phone from orange, woman on the end of the phone said that on the 14th of september they're actually reducing the rate from 20p a minute to 14p?

That's not what I've read here...

dk

911 GTS Cab
Just got off the phone from orange, woman on the end of the phone said that on the 14th of september they're actually reducing the rate from 20p a minute to 14p?

That's not what I've read here...
yeah, i think they are reducing some call rates, but thats the per minute charge.

at the same time they are increasing the minimum call charge from 5 to the 15p a minute, so even if youa re on the phone for a second it counts as a full minute and they charge you 15p.

thats what you need to complain about, but they have got very wise to all these people leaving now an have taken legal advice.

basically, unless you have had the text, don't even bother.

I just cancelled, guy was really nice, have to wait about 10 mins to get through and he made out they weren't really busy and no-one else was doing the same as me, yeah right!

He tried to keep me with a cheap new phone etc but then i said i wasn't interested, so he said, over to o2 with the iphone is it then lol.

they must be screwing at the mo!

They might be losing a lot of customers, but they knew this would happen.

They'll make millions from these changes. All those calls when you get someones answerphone, instead of it costing less than a penny, it now costs 15p just for "Welc.."

a burnt one
Still just waiting for my PAC code to arrive, soon as thats here i'll be getting myself the iPhone.

Got my iPhone on Friday, the day i cancelled with Orange and they told me i'd have my pac code within 48 hours, i'm still waiting, was expecting it here today.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Got my iPhone on Friday, the day i cancelled with Orange and they told me i'd have my pac code within 48 hours, i'm still waiting, was expecting it here today.
i was under the impression you had to give the pac code at the time of purchase and couldn't do it once you have registered the iphone with itunes as the number is then set rather than being temporary?

i'm now waiting for mine so i can get one.

172 Cup
im waiting for my PAC code also so i can get my iphone :dapprove:

When did you cancel out of interest?

I rang 7pm thurs evening last week, therefore expecting 1st class post it should be here tomorrow. Going to ring if not and get it over the phone.

A4 Avant
I requested my PAC code on thurs, it was here sat mornin. I purchased my iPhone and have since submitted my number transfer via the online form on the o2 site.