ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ordering a G220 polisher. Few questions.

polo
Hi guys. Ordering the above.

Firstly what pads do i need? Dont need swirls removing as such as the car doesnt have many. Will i just need polishing and finishing pads?

Also will my AG SRP and EGP be fine to use with the G220? Ive done a bit of reading and a few people have said they work well, any experience.

Thanks for any help in advance

Storm Grey 200
That'll be fine, but to get the most out of a machine polisher you should use products for machines.

Perhaps look at the bundles you get, and either order one of the bundles, or look at whats in them

polo
Thanks for that, anyone know a good finishing pad? and what specific polishes and wax to use instead of my AG stuff?

polo
Thanks for the help! One last question, decided on the Menzerna Final Finish as the polish as there are no major swirls or scratches that need removing. Do i then need to follow this up with a wax or sealant? Sorry, im still new to this whole machine polishing buisness.

Golf GTD Mk7
Yeah you should always put some protection on after polishing. Sealant then wax, or just wax. Never do it was then sealant.

polo
thanks guys. this may sound a silly question but can the sealants and waxes be put on with the machine or do i need to use an applicator pad? Obviously remove with microfibres yeh?

Porsche Boxster987S
thanks guys. this may sound a silly question but can the sealants and waxes be put on with the machine or do i need to use an applicator pad? Obviously remove with microfibres yeh?

seal and wax by hand mate. And yea remove with a MF.

Golf GTD Mk7
seal can be put on by machine if you want, but you'll probably use up quite a bit. Probably best using hand application. Spray the applicator first to make the sealant go further. If you put it on too thick you'll get over use of product and its will leave lots of white marks which can be hard to get off. Remember, less is more. Better doing it in a garage or under decent light so you can see where you've gone.

polo
thanks for all the help people. feel much more confident about trying it now. just need to find a cheap bonnet to have a go on so i dont ruin my car!