ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Origin B2

Cupped Meg 225 Lux
Just bought a B2, anyone got any tips on the install please and anyone know which jammers plug into this directly?. Cheers in advance.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
My install...took about 1 hr to do...

Main unit
100_2463.jpg

Power suppply
100_2469.jpg

GPS antenna
100_2465.jpg

Laser detector
100_2464.jpg

No idea what else you can get that plugs into it though...

Cupped Meg 225 Lux
Cheers, do you rate it well?. I have just picked up a few more points so decided it was about time I invetsed in some technology... Couldnt decide whether to get sat nav and camera all in one or seperates.

Lee

BMW M2C
Mne is installed pretty much the same as Mark has his. I've got my receiver on the back window ledge behind the driver though, and the laser detector at the bottom of the screen.

I'm so used to having one I reckon I'd go through every camera too quickly these days. I really do reckon they make you far more aware of your speed because of where it's positioned.

I broke my update lead the other day so ordered the new USB one. Much neater but still not of the best quality and still just as slow.

Last edited:
Lee said:
Mne is installed pretty much the same as Mark has his. I've got my received on the back window ledge behind the driver though, and the laser detector at the bottom of the screen.

I'm so used to having one I reckon I'd go through every camera too quickly these days. I really do reckon they make you far more aware of your speed because of where it's positioned.

I broke my update lead the other day so ordered the new USB one. Much neater but still not of the best quality and still just as slow.

the update leads are s**t.... the wires come out the end. I went throught 2 when i had my B2. Luckily Origin have the best customer service i've ever experienced :)

Lee

BMW M2C
fUbAr said:
the update leads are sh*t.... the wires come out the end. I went throught 2 when i had my B2. Luckily Origin have the best customer service i've ever experienced :)

That's what happened to mine. I've still got it at home so I'll send it off. Maybe they'll reduce my subscription renewal cost. That's due next month.

Cupped Meg 225 Lux
Lee said:
Mne is installed pretty much the same as Mark has his. I've got my received on the back window ledge behind the driver though, and the laser detector at the bottom of the screen.

This is making me happier about my decision, cheers. Has the laser detector ever 'saved your a**' ?

Lee

BMW M2C
chrisfez said:
This is making me happier about my decision, cheers. Has the laser detector ever 'saved your a**' ?
It's only ever gone off once, and I still got pulled.

I was on a road I know is policed very often so as usual I was taking it very slowly. In all honesty I reckon I may have coasted just over 30 to around 33. As I rounded the corner the alarm went off and I dabbed the brakes. I got pulled, got patronised by a tosser of a police man who after 5 minutes of wasting my time told me they hadn't got a clear reading even though he had already lied and told me I was doing 44mph which was 100% bullshit. So in that instance it probably didn't save me, but did work.

Cupped Meg 225 Lux
Cheers for the replies, right its finally arrived, install tonight, one more quick question. How do i hard wire this into a switched live?. I was going to cable it onto the cig lighter with scotch block thingies so I dont have the plug poking from the cig lighter but there isn't a lead with it to do this?. Cheers

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Ive got 1 of these great units but the rattly buttons drive me crazy......anyone else got the same problem?

chrisfez said:
Cheers for the replies, right its finally arrived, install tonight, one more quick question. How do i hard wire this into a switched live?. I was going to cable it onto the cig lighter with scotch block thingies so I dont have the plug poking from the cig lighter but there isn't a lead with it to do this?. Cheers

ANSWER

my guides have many uses ;)