ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OSF hub nut?

CLS, RS MEG
Afternoon! I'm attempting to swap a broken drive shaft for a replacement. The big nut on the centre of The wheel.. Is this a reverse thread? It's V tight! Rob

172 cup, Impreza P1
Standard thread but is 280Nm so need an impact gun or large breaker bar and lots of elbow grease.

CLS, RS MEG
I have a large pipe bender over the socket wrench.. Which has now bent! There are 4 (wings) on the nut, do these need hammering up?

172 cup, Impreza P1
No just leave them as they are. They are to stop the nut working loose.

Sounds like you need an impact gun then.

182cup & 172 racecar
Strong socket, strong breaker bar, and jump on it! That's what I have to do every time, they are tight. As said, 285n takes some undoing.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
trying to undo my hub nut at the mo!.my sound stupid but to undo the nut do i have to knock out the 4 clips or whatever they are to undo it?.i have the car on the ground at the mo and just taken out the centre cap of the wheel.i have the socket & a breaker bar

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Its ok ive done it!..but is it the simple case when refitting just to tighten it up and thats it??..does it not have anything to stop it undoing?