ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ouch new tyre time :(

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
suppose 7k isnt tooooo bad out of a set of rear tyres

IMG_5721.jpg

few other dirty pics

IMG_5718.jpg

IMG_5717.jpg

IMG_5714.jpg

Better than yours. C*nt.
If you didn't insist on having your tyres at angles which can't be good for the car either, it'd probably have lasted three times as long. ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I wouldn't say they've lasted 7,000 miles.

Look like they lasted 5,000 miles and then spent 2000 miles going through to the canvas!

Can you not get the camber sorted out???

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i like the camber, plus replacing tyres is cheaper than ajustable tie bars + 4 wheel alignment

:D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
i like the camber, plus replacing tyres is cheaper than ajustable tie bars + 4 wheel alignment

:D

You won't be thinking that when your tyre blows out at 80mph and rips half the rear bumper off with it.

Theres canvas showing ffs!

Don't get me wrong, it looks good lowered and with camber, but I fail to see the logic behind people running cars with completely fcuked tyres. Asking for trouble.

It doesnt seem like its running that much camber anyway.

Id get tracking etc checked, thats not healthy.

And if its cheaper replacing them, replace them before they get that bald FFS!!!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
yeah gotta say had no idea it was that bad, pther 3 are fine :S tbh tho i think there is a wheel bearing on its last legs so that probably has something to do with it,

checked them a couple of months ago and they were all fine, new pair on order will be fitted tomorow bit annoying replacing the pair seeing as the other is fine :(

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
agreed, stupid camber FTL. Mine were wearing like that and I took it to the pros (WheelsInMotion) and paid 1k for full geometry, 2 camber bolts and a full set of Conti Sport 3s.

I'm keeping an close eye on mine now and they are wearing really evenly now. Spot on in fact.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
thanks

215/40/18
goin to go jack it up in a bit n test the bearing bets on its that one thats gone

fiesta 1.25
Id definitly get that amber sorted, the outside of the tyre looks new.

Thats nothing the rears on mine are 255/35/18

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
there are owners of C63 Mercedes on the MB Forum saying that rear tyres quite often only last 5k, ouch.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well just been n checked n the bearing is fine,

oh well on the rams it goes, in for a service anyway this month so will get a few bits sorted at the same time :D

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
well just been n checked n the bearing is fine,

oh well on the rams it goes, in for a service anyway this month so will get a few bits sorted at the same time :D

another expensive month for me also, full service (big) addtional gearbox oil change, a full set of Mercedes blinds for the rear windows and some additional bits and bobs for inside, that's on top of a trip to the Geneva Motorshow tomorrow and a 3 day stay.

Focus ST-2
That's not good, my 182 shredded a set of Yokohama S306's in 3k because the tracking was that far out when I bought it! Put some PE2's on it with and got the tracking done, 7k later they're not even that worn!

oft. i'm not running much less camber than you on the meg and mine have lasted bout 8k with 3 trackdays included! haha...

summits not right kiddo.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Strange you didn't notice that. I can tell when my tyres start to get low with the way it drives and grips. Bizzare.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i bet your toe is out on the rear... looking at the rubber that wouldnt just be down to camber, i have ran 10-15k on 18's 9.5" wide on nearly 2 degrees neg camber on the front (thats alot lol) however running with toe out it will chew rubber easy!

oh and my best for brand spanking rubber was 200 miles :) i got angry one night and went to play in my 200 came back with the rubber down below the canvas to the metal cords slapping round the inside of the arch as they started to delaminate...