ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Our New formula Ceramic paint sealant...

ClioSport
We are currently working with our chemist to produce our own range of detailing products.....what do you guys think of this finish using our ceramic paint sealant?

409-1.jpg

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
If you turn your laptop upside down it looks like a photo of the ceiling,
if it wasn't for seeing the edges of the car i'd swear it was a mirror.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Is it gonna have a decent USP? because your entering a pretty competitive market with large company's like gtech and optiseal producing some pretty impressive results and as great as that photo looks, any machine polished black car looks pretty epic!

ClioSport
Well being in the detailing world from the very beginning in the Uk i know what is required to produce an USP, I believe this product will be up there with the best for sure! I have my AutoshineSV network detailers testing the product so will keep you all informed on the longevity .

Is it gonna have a decent USP? because your entering a pretty competitive market with large company's like gtech and optiseal producing some pretty impressive results and as great as that photo looks, any machine polished black car looks pretty epic!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

I have to agree with this point and it was my first thought upon seeing the picture.

We both know that image would look the same with a very good Lsp on it. Not how I would try and sell my products. Just an opinion.

ClioSport
Without trying and testing a product no one can judge a product....i use to be Swissvax business developement and training manager and even they could never actually give an LSP ..for it would be un pro to do so due to different enviroments! I have used Gtechniq on boats and the finish was good but no better than the results i have achieved so far.Gtechniq want me on board but now i will be their competitor i hope!
I have to agree with this point and it was my first thought upon seeing the picture.

We both know that image would look the same with a very good Lsp on it. Not how I would try and sell my products. Just an opinion.

ClioSport
Can you explain why you think it has been wet sanded please? thanks!

The car looks like it's been wet sanded to me, very shiny though! what's the durability like?

Edit: By USP, you mean Unique Selling Point? What is the USP for the sealant?

Just hazarding a guess as it is flawless and hasn't got any orange peel. I'm guessing by your response that it has probably just been corrected very well but the finish is very good!

I don't think it's fair to say it is the sealant that is producing the results though as your first post would suggest. ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's easy to sell things to people who maybe don't know the ins and outs of detailing by showing a shiny picture.

I'm sure it will be a great product though. My car has been wearing C1 since early November and hasn't flinched.

BMW E46 330i Touring
It's all about longetivity when it comes to sealants at the moment, as well as sheeting and self-cleaning properties.

If this baby, and it gives a great gloss, can last 6 months and remain shiny after weeks of driving, you'll be onto a winner. :)

ClioSport
No wet sanding was undertaken on this one which is good to say it was a 5 series BMW bonnet...lol
Yes i totally agree with you! prep is the major key factor to a perfect finish, a wax or sealant just gives it an extra touch and for protection merely. But i must say the sealant did give it a better mirror finish especially when i took it outside....
Just hazarding a guess as it is flawless and hasn't got any orange peel. I'm guessing by your response that it has probably just been corrected very well but the finish is very good!

I don't think it's fair to say it is the sealant that is producing the results though as your first post would suggest. ;)

ClioSport
Yes buddy i agree on the selling side of things ....just had enough of promoting other companies products and having to pay too so now its my own...and a challenge to compete with them..
C1 doin a good job but it is also down to how you are washing it correctly too for sure!

It's easy to sell things to people who maybe don't know the ins and outs of detailing by showing a shiny picture.

I'm sure it will be a great product though. My car has been wearing C1 since early November and hasn't flinched.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Of course. It's never been topped with any product and washed with Gwash weekly. As the car is being sold I won't really get to find out how it got on.

Exo base for the next car probably.

I would agree with your own products pov. I don't agree about having to pay for the privilege of using someone's products.

Good luck with the whole venture mate. You certainly need it in this industry.

ClioSport
We agree WIT WOO...lol Thanks mate i will give it my best shot...for when i joined Swissvax HQ in 2007 i trippled their sales in the first 6 months......

Of course. It's never been topped with any product and washed with Gwash weekly. As the car is being sold I won't really get to find out how it got on.

Exo base for the next car probably.

I would agree with your own products pov. I don't agree about having to pay for the privilege of using someone's products.

Good luck with the whole venture mate. You certainly need it in this industry.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Superb news. If you need any testing don't hesitate to send me a sample. I've done crazy amounts of testing over the years.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
What is it like for application and ease of use? As I'm sure the risk of getting the likes of C1 wrong puts some users off

ClioSport
Yes i know what you mean with C1 you have to buff off straight away whilst wet which is hard work...
My sealant is completely different regards to application and ease of use..

IPA wipedown after prep with cleanser.
Apply using sponge app pad in straight lines on the whole of the car.
Leave to bloom for 30 mins
Then buff up with no effort...dark paintwork slighty more pressure but very easy.

It comes in a 75ml bottle and we did 4 cars with it too, A4,S4 Avant, 5 series and Civic Type R so really does go far!

What is it like for application and ease of use? As I'm sure the risk of getting the likes of C1 wrong puts some users off

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Yes i know what you mean with C1 you have to buff off straight away whilst wet which is hard work...
My sealant is completely different regards to application and ease of use..

IPA wipedown after prep with cleanser.
Apply using sponge app pad in straight lines on the whole of the car.
Leave to bloom for 30 mins
Then buff up with no effort...dark paintwork slighty more pressure but very easy.

It comes in a 75ml bottle and we did 4 cars with it too, A4,S4 Avant, 5 series and Civic Type R so really does go far!

Application sounds good until the thought of 30mins wait time. Personally id find that hard to do with me not having a garage and also with the typical British weather it will probably start raining straight after applying it. Id also imagine that you wouldn't be able to apply to hot panels (sunny weather) therefore we'd be waiting for an over cast day and hoping it wouldn't rain. Obviously this wouldn't matter in a garage though.

Have you not thought that the time taking to bond might limit the amount of weekend warriors wanting to use it?

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I'd be interested to see the longetivity of it.

Any testers? I'm about to C1 both my cars so could compa. ;)

As has been stated, the more you know, the less likely you are to be impressed by a (black) shiny bonnet. For all we know, that has just been wet sanded to take away the usually poor BMW finish.

Not a negative point, you understand. But much more detail on application; curing; longevity; pricing; for some of us who know their chemistry, the make up of the product; and as you yourself have stated, independent and well known detailer tests.

ClioSport
I appreciate everyone's comments guys, but as you can see i have not come on and gone straight to a hard sell with a price, that is not how i work, been a pro detailer for over 20 years i require a product that has ease of use and at least a 6 mths lasting period. I have chosen Gally on here to trial and test the sealant for seems very detailing minded and very active on here , so he will receive a sample this week and let him give you his thoughts!

Once i have had good feadback i will give full info on the product....

As has been stated, the more you know, the less likely you are to be impressed by a (black) shiny bonnet. For all we know, that has just been wet sanded to take away the usually poor BMW finish.

Not a negative point, you understand. But much more detail on application; curing; longevity; pricing; for some of us who know their chemistry, the make up of the product; and as you yourself have stated, independent and well known detailer tests.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I appreciate everyone's comments guys, but as you can see i have not come on and gone straight to a hard sell with a price, that is not how i work, been a pro detailer for over 20 years i require a product that has ease of use and at least a 6 mths lasting period. I have chosen Gally on here to trial and test the sealant for seems very detailing minded and very active on here , so he will receive a sample this week and let him give you his thoughts!

Once i have had good feadback i will give full info on the product....

In that case, what sort of price are you looking at? imo the original C1 by gtech was far too expensive for us occasional detailers/

ClioSport
No price as yet! but it will not be as expensive as C1, and as i said earlier it comes in a 75ml bottle that will do 4 cars.....

In that case, what sort of price are you looking at? imo the original C1 by gtech was far too expensive for us occasional detailers/

Inferno 225 cup
I'd be really interested in this product and It's good that your putting a product out there to compete with other.

Can this product correct As well as seal?? For really light imperfections and swirls?? Much like WOLFS shine and seal?

Jacob

ClioSport
Good question i will give try to and let you know buddy!
I'd be really interested in this product and It's good that your putting a product out there to compete with other.

Can this product correct As well as seal?? For really light imperfections and swirls?? Much like WOLFS shine and seal?

Jacob

ClioSport
Here is a full completed car wearing the Ceramic Sealant, yes this car has gone through a major paint correction process but i think it has a better mirror finish than any wax i have used....

Last edited by a moderator:

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Any corrected finish will always look great. Ease of use and longevity for me would be a factor, interesting to see how it fars up against the big boys.

Sorry, but again, it's a black car in a white garage, shot with an "over-exposing" camera. So of course it looks like a mirror. All clean black cars do. The reflective/mirror properties will be down to prep, LSP will add very little to it.

Does this product work on wheels and more importantly plastics as well, like C1 (now confirmed as C1,4 &5)?

Good question i will give try to and let you know buddy!

And hang on, what ceramic coatings do you know that can correct? Chemically, as far as my understanding goes (and it goes a long way), it's not possible...

Surely if it's your product, shouldn't you know exactly what the properties are?