ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

out with the old in with the new!!

- 54 ' Renault clio 1.2
Hey guys, i need some serious advice. For tha past 3 years ive owned a 1.2 mk3 clio and have modded it to a ridiculous extent. All in ive spent 17k on what is merely a 1.2 and can be described as "mutton disguised as lamb". Now im 21, and both me wee brothers have went and got 1.4 meganes which look the biz and are faster also....so tis time to part ways im thinkin and am faced with 3 options. I could keep the clio and finish it, throwing more money into the financial furnace....or i could get either a megane sport 225 or a clio v6. My dream car is a clio v6 but i dont know how practical it reall is for eveyday use. Im 21 and have no kids so part from that i really need ur advice on what would be the best choice! Cheeers Guys!!! Simon

cock mobile.
17k on a 1.2 Clio, sounds like a completely waste.

Cut your loses and just buy a faster / better car whichever one that might be.

182 Trophy
i wouldn't get your hopes on insuring a V6 at 21 mate, meg 225 is more realistic. or even better a Trophy;)

As said, 17k on a clio.... s**t the bed x 99999999999999, jesus!!!!!!!!

Can't believe that.

As for insurance, if you are willing to spend 17k on a clio 1.2, I don't think paying 3k insurance is a problem.

Megane
wow it isnt disguised mate lol, youd see that coming, what is it worth these days? You kept the old parts?

Clio Sport xxx
£17K.... wouldn't see me admitting that!;)

As for your next car, look into the running costs of a Vee... might shock you if you havn't. A 1*2/cup/trophy far more practical in every way, and would probably keep up round a track. Personally i think the megan looks like a sack of 5hit crashed backwards. If your really looking into Vee territory, have you looked into the GP works Mini, CTR, VXR?

182BG
hmmm doe s a vxr, ctr and mini gp come into V6 territory, i would say more clio 1*2s territory

Anyway, go for a megane 225, but only if you promise not to mod it like you have modded your clio :)

surely you could strip some of the parts to make some cash back?

rsc

renaultsport clio 182 cup
k tec engine change correct me if im wrong but did i read a full engine conversion £3000 a small amount compared to the £17000 already spent