ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New looking to buy 2013-2015

Fabia MK2 vrs
Hello all. I'm new to the forums but was a user of the Skoda one for my current fabia vrs (judge me as you like haha)

Ive got a lot of time for clios I learnt to drive in one and always thought the rs ones are ace.
I'm looking to buy one
I'm really a newbie ( know nothing) but know roughly what I want.
Got a lot of respect for the 2.0 era but im looking at the 1.6 EDC era and Hoping to part ex my fabia for something under 50k ideally 2013-2015.
At the moment I want as stock as possible it'll be my everyday drive and Ive not got plans or money to do trackdays yet.

Just was hoping for either pointing to places on here for things to look for when buying ie any common faults. Average prices. I've got my eye on a couple etc. Any general advice would be amazing or as said before a point in the right direction if it's been written already.

Budget is around 10-11k all in really. (few variables but entertaining options

Cheers and hopefully I'll be sticking around on here if I can find and buy something and contribute

2014 Clio 200t edc
Hi and welcome. You won’t regret buying a 200edc or indeed a 220edc if your budget stretches. I’ve got a 200edc 2014 and it’s brilliant!
*touch wood* there aren’t much that seems to be a problem with them, but lower radiator clips seem to fail and when the battery is old and near it’s time it can throw some weird codes and warnings. If you get an early 200, get the gearbox software update from Renault as it makes a night abs day difference.
On the whole It’s a very capable car, quick abs comfortable. Gearbox is awesome. Mpg isn’t great but at around 30-32mpg knocking about it’s not horrendous.
the must haves for me were the cup chassis (18” black alloys, lower suspension and red callipers) and the lux pack (climate control, electric rear windows and something else I think).
hope you get one soon, but you will not regret it!

Fabia MK2 vrs
Hi and welcome. You won’t regret buying a 200edc or indeed a 220edc if your budget stretches. I’ve got a 200edc 2014 and it’s brilliant!
*touch wood* there aren’t much that seems to be a problem with them, but lower radiator clips seem to fail and when the battery is old and near it’s time it can throw some weird codes and warnings. If you get an early 200, get the gearbox software update from Renault as it makes a night abs day difference.
On the whole It’s a very capable car, quick abs comfortable. Gearbox is awesome. Mpg isn’t great but at around 30-32mpg knocking about it’s not horrendous.
the must haves for me were the cup chassis (18” black alloys, lower suspension and red callipers) and the lux pack (climate control, electric rear windows and something else I think).
hope you get one soon, but you will not regret it!
Thanks for the reply. Definitely seems like a nice car to get and touch wood I've found one in the price range but need to look at selling my current car first. Has your 2014 been holding up well for it's age?

2014 Clio 200t edc
I’ve had it 3 months and *yes it has. Had the gearbox software updated at Renault, spark plugs and aux belt and tensioner changed due to age and little trim bits replaced but on the whole it’s really good. Also don’t have any rattles. Creaks, yes a few, but rattles, no!
good luck with your search, anything I can help with send me a pm.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
On the subject I just noticed how creaky mine is at times :LOL: . Guessing that's pretty normal.

I've got a 2017 model (PH2) I picked it up for 12k back April. Very happy, lot's of fun. I've got a few ex-owner friends who warned me about iffy gearboxes on the PH1 so I made sure to avoid them as I couldn't be doing with any of that, obviously it's subjective. The exact guidance went something like "if it has front flag fogs then you won't have any gearbox problems".

2014 Clio 200t edc
Yeah it’s my boot that creaks especially when I back off my drive or go on a funny angle!
And I’ve not heard of gearbox problems…. (Fingers crossed!!) but I know the software was crap hence the software update being a good idea to pay for on ph1.

Fabia MK2 vrs
Yeah it’s my boot that creaks especially when I back off my drive or go on a funny angle!
And I’ve not heard of gearbox problems…. (Fingers crossed!!) but I know the software was crap hence the software update being a good idea to pay for on ph1.
what is the rough cost for getting the gearbox updated. oh and i'm picking mine up on thursday hopefully. managed to find one with decent mileage, its a 2013 but under 40k miles and 1 owner. love the colour combo to as it looks a bit like a normal clio to the naked eye in red. also personally prefer silver wheels so all is good haha

2014 Clio 200t edc
Hi. I paid £70 at Renault Tamworth as they were the only branch nearby that would actually acknowledge what I was on about. My local dealer wanted £150 to ‘look for faults’!!
congrats on the car, get a thread up with some pictures when you do. I’ve just lowered mine on H&R springs, such a difference! Should’ve come from the factory like it.