ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Outlook 2003 + Gmail

Not a Clio
Reinstalled windows today and i'm having problems with gmail or rather outlook 2003.

The settings appear to all be correct but outlook does not find any email to download when it checks, despite the fact i have sent loads of test messages.

The settings test works but again outlook won't find the test email to download.
Gmail is setup for pop download.

The only way that outlook will download mail is if i select (again) in Gmail this option: 'Enable POP for all mail (even mail that's already been downloaded)' and click save settings.

But as soon as i send another test message it sits in google mail but outlook cannot find anything to download.....

Windows firewall is off.
I have tried with panda off as well.

Any ideas?

Edit: Now i am confused. If i send myself an email via gmail online, outlook picks it up. If i send myself a test message via outlook it will not.

RB 182
What I would say is Outlook actually sending the email, Gmail uses secure authorisation on it's SMTP server so you need to make sure the settings are in for that too.

Not a Clio
yep that's all in place.

If i send myself an email from outlook it does get sent as it appears in the online inbox but outlook can't find it.

Not to worry, i asked the other half to send me a few tests and it can pick those up. I guess I'll have to get some mates and stop sending myself e-mail.