ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Outside Temperature Display

RS Clio 182

Can anyone suggest a solution to a problem Im having with the outside temperature display on my 2002 Clio 1.2 16v. The digital reading on the clock is saying around 8 degrees and moves between 6 and 11 but the temperature outside is freezing and theres ice on the street? It was working before but no matter what the actual temperature is, the reading is somewhere between 6 and 11.

cDc

182 Arctic Blue

Cant help you with the problem - but id love to know as well as mines is always beteen 20-30 degrees! simply cannot be bothered to take my car within 10 miles of a dealer after they c0cked up a straightforward service.

Renault Laguna Sports

Its usually the sensor in the n/s mirror but if you want to know for sure youre gonna have to take it to your dealer.Especially as you will probably want it done under warrenty.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

It is the sensor in the mirror,had mine done bout three months ago under warranty.Basically they are a nightmare to do and renault end up replacing the whole mirror because it takes less time and the little feet that hold your mirror togrther break easily.Hope this helps.

Regards,ian

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

its always a faulty mirror sensor.the sensor in the mirror is easy enough to change.you just have to be careful when pulling the glass off.go and see your dealer.shouldnt take more than 20 mins to change.

RS Clio 182

Only really noticed it this morning as it was saying 8 degrees and their was ice all over the car!

VaVa

Outside temp display on n/s mirror. Is that whats causing a whistling noise at motorway speeds on my 172? Grrrrr!!!