ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Overclocked

Monaro VXR
I know.

But thats not actually the FSB. There is no FSB but there is a bus speed you can alter which is the 200/256 thing you altered the FSB on AMD platforms is the HTT. Which has to run very close to 2000mhz to remain stable due to the controller for it being integrated on the AMD cpu itself.

Oh okay I see. I was under the impression that a higher bus speed was better, so long as the multiplier was set to keep the CPU in a safe range. Mines certainly stable at 256

EDIT: I'm understanding I think. So with my 256x11, what should I set my HTT at?

Monaro VXR
Yup had mine at a similar speed on my 4400+ couldnt get much more out of it though but that was on the stock Heatsink and fan.

I'm digging this now. If I reduce my HTT to x4, I could probably stretch the bus to 270+ and reduce the multiplier to 10 for 2.7GHz

Or 11 for 3Ghz :quiet:

Fiat Panda 100hp
lol learing sooo much!

What speed is your 4400 running at wozaa? And what cooling you using?

Conteo, it seems you need to keep the HTT to less than 2000. This could mean using 270x11 and a HTT of as low as 3. I am wondering if my 2.7Ghz is actually limited by the HTT maxing out at 256x5.

I'm going to do some serious work to keep the bus and CPU high, but with a HTT at or below 2000Mhz. I need to crack 9k in '06 ;)

Fabia vRS
i need a new psu really badly now.

got a clocked system and when i sometimes plug in usb devices the computer turns off, and sometimes when i reboot and it needs a spike of power the system turns off completly and i need to actually flick the switch on the psu off and then on again.

Monaro VXR
Currently back at 2.2ghz as i just upgraded some components. But i had it at 2.7ghz on the stock heatsink and fan that came with the CPU. its now got a zalman fatality cooler on there as i wanted a quieter system but not overclocked it yet on the new cooler.

Clio 1.4 16v
HTT will not affect your system speeds whatsoever, whether it is set at 1 or 5 it wont matter, however set it at 3 and you will not encounter any problems when overclocking past 2Ghz,
I have an Opteron 146, standard speed is 2.0Ghz, mine is overclocked stably to 2.85Ghz

I think the X2 4600+ (mine anyways) is a bit of an oddball. It won't go past 2700Ghz and stay stable. With everything else clocked down, it POSTed at 2.8Ghz, loaded Windows at 2.75, and stayed stable in Prime95 at 2.7Ghz. Saying that, I am reluctant to push the vCore past 1.45v. 1.5 would probably see it stable at 2.75Ghz but I can't be arsed worrying about heat.

I got bored after a few hours and put everything back at stock - still playing games at stpuid fps so I guess it was all pretty pointless. Good geek fun though :) It can always be attacked again. Might just upgrade to some Kentsfield quad core pwnage and DX10 mid 2007 :approve:

Clio 1.4 16v
Would be very nice, had my whole system watercooled, however thought It was quite scary leaving my £1000 system on with 2 litres of water inside, so I sold it all and brought decent air cooling, its still just as quiet

Would be very nice, had my whole system watercooled, however thought It was quite scary leaving my £1000 system on with 2 litres of water inside, so I sold it all and brought decent air cooling, its still just as quiet

Yeah watercooling isnt really about noise levels IMO, as you end up with a big f**k-off radiator, although granted with largish fans. The biggest single cause of PC noise is those f**king annoying 40mm northbridge fans. I'd never buy a mobo without passive chipset cooling. My old Gigabyte board had a fan and I ripped it out and fitted a Zalman passive. My current Asus board uses all the heat pipe wizardy of course.

Monaro VXR
If you just filled it up with tap water yes its bad if you use some distilled water think its distilled anyway ive have a drink i could be wrong but due its got a lower conductivity therefore you shoudl technically be able to submerse your system int the stuff and it should still run.

People have put entire systems in oil before and they still work fine.

And my chipset fan is a small40mm thing my main source of noise in my system is my hard drives with the clicking other than that its almost silent and theres 10 120mm fans in there. 1 40mm fan and 1 80mm fan for graphics card. Really is very quiet though i can sleep with it on and i cant hear it at all from my bed.

I can hear my speakers if i forget to turn them off though.

Clio 1.4 16v
If you just filled it up with tap water yes its bad if you use some distilled water think its distilled anyway ive have a drink i could be wrong but due its got a lower conductivity therefore you shoudl technically be able to submerse your system int the stuff and it should still run.

People have put entire systems in oil before and they still work fine.

Just to clarify, don't use distelled water!

You have to use purified water, Only chemists sell it (all car shops will fob you off with distilled and tell you its the same thing, it isn't!!)

Purified water and distilled water have similar electrical conductivity, so a leakage is not so much a problem, however distelled water still has many minerals in it, so if you have copper blocks it will corrode them very quickly, where as purified water has zero minerals and is safer for much lengthier periods.

Just make sure you add some corrosion inhibitor,

Lecture over, thanks for listening class :)

Monaro VXR
Meh I had, had a fair few JD's I knew it was one of the waters lol. My grammar is appalling in that post though but ah well.