ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Overheating???

Clio 172
Hello all

Thanks for reading, my clio sport 172 has just had a thermostat replaced as it was losing water all the time, now I flushed all the water through and let all the air out until water and anti freeze was flowing round the engine, drove it after that it was fine, so I have a football match today drive 2 miles or so down the road fine, pull in to get some drinks switched the enginge off. So when I get back in the car I'm on my way to football the engine over heats to it's highest level red light comes on beeps at me... I pull over check the water level it's on max... WTF?? I'm losing my rag with this car now all it does it have problem after problem, this has all started since the head gasket got replaced, it's like when the head goes it destroys everything else... It's also worth mentioning the air goes cold just before the temp goes sky high, I had the car pressure tested and sniff tested it was all okay... The fan doesn't seem to be kicking in at the right time it kicks in on a 2 stage period, anyone had this issue before? I'm suppose to drive to Blackpool tomorrow FFS

Could this be the engine temp senor? Or the fan temp sensor?

Thanks Dan

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I would suggest trying to bleed it again, it may be you had / have an air lock still.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It's most likely going to be an air related issue rather than a sensor so try again.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It is air in your cooling system causing the problem so to fix it you need to bleed it correctly.

Clio 172
Changed the fan temp sensor, overheated cause I let air in the system from changing it anyway bled the tank only overheated when the new thermostat kicked in then hot air came back not over heated today since