ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Overspray

Clio 172
Lads i left my car in my mates yard the other day, and they had lads in painting the sheds while my car was there. I've only noticed little tiny black specks all over the body and windows today:eek:

Whats the best way to get this off? Clay bar? Which one?

Some Farecla G3 liquid compound on a machine polisher will take them off. If not, it'll need wetsanding.

clio 182 & Fiesta RSTurbo
Lads i left my car in my mates yard the other day, and they had lads in painting the sheds while my car was there. I've only noticed little tiny black specks all over the body and windows today:eek:

Whats the best way to get this off? Clay bar? Which one?

Claybar will get it off the windows, depending on how agressive the bar is it might also get the paint off the body.

Evo 6, E92 320d
As said, try a clay bar 1st, then if not get a polish , i used megs #80 to get off some hammerite specs on silver paint. If thats no good try a more aggressive polish/compoud.

clio 182 & Fiesta RSTurbo
As said, try a clay bar 1st, then if not get a polish , i used megs #80 to get off some hammerite specs on silver paint. If thats no good try a more aggressive polish/compoud.

Did that really get out hammerite? :O

Thats well good, i guess most agressive compound polishes should do that.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Yeh, i was painting the arches the flicked off the brush to clean it and splattered it on my front end lol. I just worked the polish by hand and it came off in no time.

Storm Grey 200
Depends really, Clay bar is worth a go.

If you have recently polished and sealed/waxed it you will have better luck than a neglected paint job...

Otherwise some power gloss by menzerna on a cutting pad will get the buggers off

BMW E46 330i Touring
As said, aggressive clay is designed for overspray. Not your generic gnat's piss Megs clay, but proper Sonus or Bilt-Hamber stuff.

Failing that, would a soak in Tardis do any good?

Sadly not Ads mate.

Agressive clay will be your first port of call. After that something like G3. Finally if these methods haven't shifted it then you will need to wet sand. I would suggest not trying the latter two yourself unless you have had experience of the processes.

I woudl suggest you take it back to the shop as they will have experience of overspray and should be sorting it for you, since it is their fault!