ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Own a 7D? Look inside...

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/06/28/Canon-EOS-7D-firmware-v2-major-update

Canon has announced a firmware update that will add a series of features to the EOS 7D. In an unusual move for a camera that has been on the market for almost three years, Canon is performing the most comprehensive firmware upgrade we can remember. This includes improved continuous-shooting buffer depth (to 25 Raws, up from the original 15), customizable Auto ISO, control of audio recording level for video and the ability to re-process Raws and rate images in-camera. The update will also enable the use of the GP-E2 GPS module. It will be available from August 2012.

Still no extra bracketing tho !

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Odd that they've announced it, as it's still 2 months away... Possibly due to Nikons new 'cheap' full frame ?!

Not sure on the in camera editing though... not something I'd imagine someone with a 7 would use/need very often.

I get the feeling they've announced this because they have no plans to make a 7D MKII

With the 5D MKIII getting the AF system from the 7D, it's pretty difficult for them to make a 7D MKII without treading on the 5D's toes
Yeah I know the 5D is full frame - but feature wise...
I reckon they're just doing a software update to give it a bit of a refresh

Nothing in it that really interests me though :(