ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Own a 7D? Look inside...

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/06/28/Canon-EOS-7D-firmware-v2-major-update

Canon has announced a firmware update that will add a series of features to the EOS 7D. In an unusual move for a camera that has been on the market for almost three years, Canon is performing the most comprehensive firmware upgrade we can remember. This includes improved continuous-shooting buffer depth (to 25 Raws, up from the original 15), customizable Auto ISO, control of audio recording level for video and the ability to re-process Raws and rate images in-camera. The update will also enable the use of the GP-E2 GPS module. It will be available from August 2012.

Still no extra bracketing tho !

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Odd that they've announced it, as it's still 2 months away... Possibly due to Nikons new 'cheap' full frame ?!

Not sure on the in camera editing though... not something I'd imagine someone with a 7 would use/need very often.

I get the feeling they've announced this because they have no plans to make a 7D MKII

With the 5D MKIII getting the AF system from the 7D, it's pretty difficult for them to make a 7D MKII without treading on the 5D's toes
Yeah I know the 5D is full frame - but feature wise...
I reckon they're just doing a software update to give it a bit of a refresh

Nothing in it that really interests me though :(