ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oxygen sensor?

106GTI / NovaC20LET
my clio 172 cup is misfiring when warm will be fine until the engine reaches optimum temp but then will start to cough and splutter ocasionally. would a faulty oxygen sensor cause this? also am i right in thinking this is connected to the manifold? anyone have any ideads how to check for a faulty one and how easy/expensive they are? any help would be much apprectaied

cheers

Mk5 golf gti
hi mate
it could be the lambda sensor
on yours there is two i think
both are on the cat pipe. one before the cat one after
you could try swapping them around and see if it runs any better as it is usually the one before the cat ( nearest manifold) that fails

106GTI / NovaC20LET
hi mate
it could be the lambda sensor
on yours there is two i think
both are on the cat pipe. one before the cat one after
you could try swapping them around and see if it runs any better as it is usually the one before the cat ( nearest manifold) that fails

alright mate, ill try that i got a decat on so i have the second lambda still sat in my cat ill try swap them over see if that works hopefully ill be able to get at it without taking decat off cause on the 172 its abit of a joke lol. cheers

Mk5 golf gti
haha yea its a blag with the cat on that
i put my cat back on recently BLAG
id try swapping them over or if you can get hold of a codereader that should show up a faulty one
but the rstuner is best for that