ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

P.C Polishing

clio 182 black /gold
Who on here has a pc polisher in the northwest? If so who would like to do mine for and in exchange for the queens finest money :)

clio 182 black /gold
Darren S said:
Maybe we should kidnap r-jay and brazo, Lee? Chain them to our cars until they have done a proper PC session on them, eh? ;)

D.
R-jay said he would but he lives to far away

106 GTi
Darren S said:
Maybe we should kidnap r-jay and brazo, Lee? Chain them to our cars until they have done a proper PC session on them, eh? ;)

D.

Brazo likes that Kinky stuff! ;)

LOL, you lot best move down south, suppose I could come to a summer North West meet and see how many cars you can do in one day!

R-jay and Brazo doing a PC spitroast? dont ask for any butter at Brazo's house after the discussion me and strike had with him tonight at the pub.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Any one any near Milton keynes fancy having a go on my cup for the queens finest of fabrics??
I bought an RAC cheap jobby from argos in sales and gave ok result just using some autoglym stuff but would be good to get her gleaming. Its always clean, i just cant get the shine i want :(

daze said:
in the dark? :D

post some pics up when you've done it?

Mwuahahaha! No mate - panel by panel when i can. done the bonnet, tailgate and front wings.

the pc is no magic wand unfortunately - i am being really cautious and taking my time - the results are amazing though. Will probably get quicker as i get more cars under the belt. gonna tackle the missus puma next. its in typical 'birds car' condition!

Loony said:
R-jay and Brazo doing a PC spitroast? dont ask for any butter at Brazo's house after the discussion me and strike had with him tonight at the pub.

LOL the butters in the fridge tonight mate ;)

r-jay said:
Brazo likes that Kinky stuff! ;)

LOL, you lot best move down south, suppose I could come to a summer North West meet and see how many cars you can do in one day!

SSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ;)

172 Cup
can someone go through what is involed in a PC polish? and what sort of equipment is needed?

Thanks

Paul

A PC (porter cable) which is a random orbit polisher (its a brand there are others on the market that do the same but price and quality varies) a combination of cutting and buffing pads and a couple of different polish, sealant, wax's depending on what you are hoping to achieve. You can use it to apply waxes,sealants or use a cutting polish to remove marks and swirls. You wash and clay the car 1st and then depending on the condition of the paint either just apply a wax or sealant or use a polish to remove marks and then apply the wax/sealant on after.

172 Cup
Cheers Loony. are there any that you would reccomend and what sort of prices are we looking at??

thanks

I've got the PC as it seems to be a favourite amongst detailers and wasnt too pricey. you're looking at a couple of hundred to get one and a transformer etc but that wont include any waxes/polishes.

106 GTi
I have got the moneys worth out of mine, highly recommended. Your car will look better for it.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Are there any cheaper alternatives to the pc polisher that are any good , just for the occasional polish as it seems alot of money for somebody who is only gonna polish it a couple of times a year . Anybody got any recommendations ?

MrBillyUK !

If you want to do it on the cheap its probably just as well to get one of the guys on here to do it once or twice a year if you'll use it that infrequently and then inbetween just apply wax by hand.

172 mk2
MRBILLYUK said:
Are there any cheaper alternatives to the pc polisher that are any good , just for the occasional polish as it seems alot of money for somebody who is only gonna polish it a couple of times a year . Anybody got any recommendations ?

MrBillyUK !

by hand. elbow grease is free!

ant

yep.
think its something similar to a posh w@nk.

:)

this is one - porter cable

Porter_Cable_Polisher.jpg

Hi guys,

Just had a PM box pop up but with no mail ? !

I guess it was to do with this thread, if anyone wants me please try again and if no respone put a post up for me.

Cheers,

WD

Mine has paid for it's self also! :approve: Think I'm gonna give it a whirl the weekend! :D my car hasn't been polished/waxed since mid October :eek:

vx220
im a neighbour of wd pro and i can def. approve of his work! Out there rain or shine on his own car and has an eye for perfection! Def. worth a shout out.

clio 182 black /gold
mja182 said:
im a neighbour of wd pro and i can def. approve of his work! Out there rain or shine on his own car and has an eye for perfection! Def. worth a shout out.
Any chance asking him if he will do mine? Willing to pay Thanks :)

Depending on where you are Brazo and r-jay do a top bollock job and wont be too expensive compared to a pro or bodyshop doing it.

clio 182 black /gold
mja182 said:
Yeah i can pm you his mobile number if your interested mate just let me know!
If this is ok with him. I don,t you getting into bother for giving the number out randomly

ford racing puma
Loony said:
Depending on where you are Brazo and r-jay do a top bollock job and wont be too expensive compared to a pro or bodyshop doing it.
I'm in Macclesfield, between Stoke and Manchester