ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

P0130 and P0135

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I’ve got fault codes p0130 - o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 and p0135 - o2 sensor heater circuit bank 1 sensor 1.

I bought a new sensor and replaced the front one, still had the same error. I’ve then swapped the front and rear and still got the same. Surely I can’t have 3 duff sensors? Is there anything else that can throw those codes that I can check?

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Had a couple of Clios over the years with damaged lambda sensor wiring in the loom. Fairly easy to trace back.

Quite often the loom at the rear is close to the manifold, where it has not been clipped back in and it melts the wiring, which then brings up lambda faults @SteveC_1879

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
What's the live data on the sensors? Easily tracked with a cheap bluetooth obd and torque

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Had a couple of Clios over the years with damaged lambda sensor wiring in the loom. Fairly easy to trace back.

Quite often the loom at the rear is close to the manifold, where it has not been clipped back in and it melts the wiring, which then brings up lambda faults @SteveC_1879
I’ll check the wiring. The plugs were all clipped so hopefully they haven’t been damaged. When I first fitted the turbo I started it with just the downpipe and no lambda and it ran but was terrible. With it connected back up it runs much better but still not right so it’s definitely doing something!

What's the live data on the sensors? Easily tracked with a cheap bluetooth obd and torque

What do I need to check? I can track voltage fuel trim. What should I be seeing? Can’t check it now cos it’s tucked up in the garage and the little one is in bed but I’ll track it tomorrow and see what it comes up with

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
You need to follow the wiring all the way back up to where it goes into the main part of the loom in the engine bay. The problems I have seen have been where the loom runs up between the bulkhead and rear of the engine.

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
You need to follow the wiring all the way back up to where it goes into the main part of the loom in the engine bay. The problems I have seen have been where the loom runs up between the bulkhead and rear of the engine.
80571FBE-3976-4D35-A18C-A1FB65A7ECCC.jpeg

That should be straight forward and easy enough 😂😂🤦‍♂️

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
This is the live data coming from lambda sensor 1 at idle. I’ve got no idea what it should look like to be honest! Top is fuel trim, bottom is voltage

9D80EA26-3FD8-49F8-812C-0CECB3F5D214.png

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
This is the live data coming from lambda sensor 1 at idle. I’ve got no idea what it should look like to be honest! Top is fuel trim, bottom is voltage

View attachment 1514565
Is this with the car warm? You want it to track steady but you have to let it get warm first.

If it looks like that hot then you need a new genuine Bosch lambda

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Is this with the car warm? You want it to track steady but you have to let it get warm first.

If it looks like that hot then you need a new genuine Bosch lambda

thats it hot (well, coolant at 81 so as hot as it gets sat still) and with a new genuine Bosch sensor from euro car parts. Going off what you’re saying then I’ll go back and shout at them tomorrow and get another one cos that’s clearly not right!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
thats it hot (well, coolant at 81 so as hot as it gets sat still) and with a new genuine Bosch sensor from euro car parts. Going off what you’re saying then I’ll go back and shout at them tomorrow and get another one cos that’s clearly not right!
Depends how good your software is I guess. Might just be lag in that, better in clip

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Depends how good your software is I guess. Might just be lag in that, better in clip

could be I suppose. I’ll take it back tomorrow and see how I get on. Suppose I can rule wiring issues out though as it’s clearly doing something, just not the right something. Don’t have clip so stuck with that one!

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Its just meant to track faster. Your post cat should be a stable voltage.
Yeah, post cat was totally flat. Had the odd little dip now and then but aside from that it didn’t move

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Bought another genuine Bosch sensor and the code has gone! First one must have been dodgy. I’ve still got a bit of hesitation when revving and the idle is all over but there’s no lights on. No doubt I’ll find out what that is when I take it for a proper drive but for now all is well. Thanks for the help

Rpm and o2 with revs held
9AFC3A55-B436-4557-A176-808EFF3C1018.png

o2 1 and o2 2 at idle. Bear in mind there’s no cat
CABD3FBB-C8CB-479A-8826-2C92A4902FF4.png

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
I had a P0130 fault code and went and bought a new Bosch Lambda but before I went to fit it I drove it for an hour on the motorway to ironically pick up a 22mm sensor socket only to them find the EML light went off on its own!

Mpg seems a tad lower though, was getting 30mpg and it's dropped to around 26mpg so not sure it's completely cured it.

Give it a blast for a bit and see, worth a go.