ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pain in the arse (literally!)

Chocolate Bar™
got arse ended this morning by a (would you belive it) middle aged lady in a range rover. impact speed was only 10-20 miles an hour, but has somehow managed to cause around a grand of damage to the back.

before: nowt wrong with it lol

0249.gif

after: boot has been forced in+up so it doesnt sit right. bumper mounts have all been damaged but plastic outer skin has popped back. bumper also twisted under passenger rear quarter. bodyshop managed to whack the rear panel out so that the boot clicks shut tho :)

0347.gif

0354.gif

0353.gif

0351.gif

0350.gif

so needless to say ive had to shelve plans to get my new euro wheels :( as im going have the new back end smoothed in fully. number plate light removed and a square number plate located onto the bumper with a light. also having the front bumper fully smoothed and the lower section meshed (black) whilst its in there. so its not a disaster!

should look something like this in a couple of months:

0079mod.gif

Mark.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
s**t man...People just don't pay enough attention at this time of yr...Same happened to my Mates DC5, and it's 900 for the bumper alone lol

Half stripped mk2 172
I'm sorry for that mate, but as you said, if you plan on modding it, it gives you the right excuse to do it!!

Vince

Chocolate Bar™
works out being a load cheaper on the mods, as im getting a discount on the front, and the cost of the spraying on the rear is being paid for by insurance :)

still an inconvenience, and i would have preferred to get my wheels lol

shame mate nice car, i must disagree with putting a small number plate on bumper will look tack in my opinion.

GT, Valver, BMW
hi mate sorry to hear about your car you were really excited about those wheels the other day at the meet,nice job on the photoshop but still doesnt take away the fact that you have got to spend wheel money on something else,but will look good any way

jayhunt

Chocolate Bar™
Davehughes said:
shame mate nice car, i must disagree with putting a small number plate on bumper will look tack in my opinion.

but having a square number plate means i only have to have a small light on one side, so when i remove the plate at shows it wont look as bad as having a light stuck right in the middle.

tbh im still deciding on that. i did want a punto mk2 recess smoothing in, but its too large (having measured it :( )

Every cloud has a silver lining so hopefully, if you get cash, you can sort a second hand boot for cheaper and use the money for the smoothing :)

I like it though - doooo iiiiit :D lol

Chocolate Bar™
i was hoping that they'd give me cash, but the man at the claims office seems to think they would buy the parts and liase with the bodyshop :(

all mods declared tho. so as far as im concerned they should replace like for like - i.e. 172 rear bumper

Ad

MK2 FRS
Unlucky mate. Only just got mine sort after its similar, although the damge was concetrated lower. who you insured with??

Chocolate Bar™
CIS. never had a bump with them, so have no idea if they;re going to be any good. so far tho they have been very good :)

Chocolate Bar™
i seriously wanted to, but the impact speed was so slow i dont think id have a case. i also cant be bothered with all the hassle of going to see consultants etc.

A well built VW
What wheels did you have planned for the beast, at least this way you get the more expensive bodywork stuff out of the way first

ST
Middo said:
i seriously wanted to, but the impact speed was so slow i dont think id have a case. i also cant be bothered with all the hassle of going to see consultants etc.

Matey there wont be much hassle, thats what you pay insurance for, so they'll deal with things like that!

Chocolate Bar™
well they do say whiplash takes 24hours to come on, so might experience some pain at work tomorrow ;)

wheels were off john2modifed, and are v.rare and euroesque. black split rim oz turbos with gold studs.

No more clio's for me!
Feel for you mate, same happened to me in my first Dynam Clio, impact speed was slow, but enough to do the same damage as yours. Also 24 hours i had a very stiff neck, its not the speed of the impact that causes the whiplash its the sudden movement. I didn't claim for it, but i wish i did!!!

MKIII 138
how the f**k can a 4x4 slide into your car ? big grippy off roader like that ? nothing to do with weather just s**t driving

Chocolate Bar™
Final_Maxim said:
this is what happens when a woman decides its ok to come out of the kitchen.

sorry to see mate :(

lmao, g/f didnt like that comment :) (i was thinking it too tho ;))

That's c**p mate, the car looked spot on too.

Think on the bright side though, will look better when it's back eh!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Middo said:
CIS. never had a bump with them, so have no idea if they;re going to be any good. so far tho they have been very good :)

IIRC CIS dont pay out for mods.... they replace with standard stuff.

But since this isnt your fault its all coming from the lady!! So you will get everythign paid! :)

I fear this happening to me, some dozy person just oes into the back of ya!

Has it bent the floor pan in the boot?

Chocolate Bar™
thing is tho, i actually paid my 'bodykit' premium, so as far as im concerned it should be replaced. otherwise what have i actually paid for?

as for the car - only the vertical boot panel is damaged, which is about 120quid off renault at retail price :)

Beetle
meggerman said:
how the f**k can a 4x4 slide into your car ? big grippy off roader like that ? nothing to do with weather just sh*t driving
just because you have a big 4x4 doesn't mean you can stop loads better than other cars, they help keep you goin better in shite conditions but don't help you stop loads quicker.

shame about the accident mate, CIS were fine with the accidents that my bro and mum had, they were both other peoples fault and we got a courtesy car for each accident.