ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

paint correction

172 with k-tec sound
was wondering how much it will cost to detail my car, and if anyone can do it, as my car has swirl marks n scratches from washing ect, because unfortunatley i have no choice but to park under a very large tree and as u can imagine it gets in quite a state very quickly with it been black lol, but had good news that the council are getting rid of them:D:D:D:D:D:D

Bus w**ker
£50-100+ depending on who you go to.

Drop JD a PM on here, he's only over in Toffsville (Alderley Edge) so about 30 minutes from you.

I'd budget a bit more than £50-100. Your looking at between £100-£200 from an amature detailer, and anything above £400 for a pro job

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I charge on however bad the car is. Roughly about £90 per average car or £150 for a two day detail. I know alan charges quiet a bit aswell!... JD will do it you on the cheap though ;)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
£50-100+ depending on who you go to.

Drop JD a PM on here, he's only over in Toffsville (Alderley Edge) so about 30 minutes from you.

Id like to see the kind of correction you would get for £50 lol :rasp:

Bus w**ker
Pfft £50 was for some scroate from Sheffield with a rotary... :clown:

TBH I'd expect the price to be around the £100 mark but often less when it's a hobbyist. Or even less if it's a fit birds car PMSL.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Aye thats pretty much bang on Sy. Around the £100 mark for someone who just does it for the laugh.

Hi.

£100 for paint correction, detail (shuts, wheels, plastics, windows, metal parts, rubber, interior etc) is £150 upwards.

Paint correction is 8-10 hours, so one sunday ;) Full detail is a hell of a lot longer.

About to put up todays efforts (week off :))

Jamie

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Hi.

£100 for paint correction, detail (shuts, wheels, plastics, windows, metal parts, rubber, interior etc) is £150 upwards.

Paint correction is 8-10 hours, so one sunday ;) Full detail is a hell of a lot longer.

About to put up todays efforts (week off :))

Jamie

Jamie, out of curiosity, when you do peoples cars do you just wash/dry/do wheels etc then machine polish or do you go about claying aswell? Also, do you refine with a finishing pad or do you just go over it once? :)

Skoda Fabia vRS
dont mean to put a spanner in the works, but do any of you have insurance for doing things like this ?

or is it a case of 'at owners risk', just asking because i know someone who recently had to wind up his detailing business because loads of people were doing it themselves or new people undercutting him on price, but the vast majority dont have insurance etc

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
dont mean to put a spanner in the works, but do any of you have insurance for doing things like this ?

or is it a case of 'at owners risk', just asking because i know someone who recently had to wind up his detailing business because loads of people were doing it themselves or new people undercutting him on price, but the vast majority dont have insurance etc

I personally don't have any insurance so yeh it is at the owners own risk... BUT it is very un-likely that id ruin anyones paint work. Been doing it for a while and not ruined a car yet :S... Although if I/Jamie were to ruin a car (possiblity of that being 2%) id quiet happily pay out my own pocket for it to be fixed.

that is very interesting, dad and I were sat round eating dinner talking about this. I am covered to run a business under his public liability insurance. As is my sister for her make up artist business. However, I do this detailing as a hobby and make sure that every customer understands this. I also therefore charge the appropriate amount to tie in with this.

If I had my own business, for example Paul and Alan on here, then I would take out my own insurance.

Very good point to raise.

And I would also second Luke's point about paying out for required re work, should it have ever been required.

Last edited:

Just a quick point (again, as with your post, not causing and argument), I can't see why people would want to go to amateurs over a pro, even if the cost was considerably lower. How long had the guy been in the business? As it does seem quite strange that he could be out done by amateurs; surely it is more likely that he has been pushed out due to every man and his dog getting into machine polishing, with it now being easier to get hold of one/work one?

Genuine question/debate, not being a dick :)

Skoda Fabia vRS
he knew bloody everything, and had every part of the job down to a fine art, im very protective over my car and i wouldnt just let anyone loose on it no matter how much they charged, but id have let him, in fact i did, he we vac'd my interior for me

he did say that part of the problem was everyone was buying a DA and having a go themselves instead of paying for it, its a shame really as he is a really nice bloke who took pride in his work, and regularly dished out advice on various forums

i do think the market is very saturated now with detailers springing up every week it seems, and lots of non pro's offering cut price jobs on many forums, at 'owners risk' of course, which is fair enough, its supply and demand at the end of the day, just a shame he had to move on to doing something else as its not often you find people who enjoy their job and take such pride in their work

I agree that there are people springing up all over the place, presuming it is something that they can pick up and use for other people's cars.

I would never pretend to be anything more than an amateur, but when it comes to results, I feel that I can create a decent service for those with clio league cars, wanting to get that little bit more out of it.

All more expensive cars in my repetoire have been friend of a friends or family.

Skoda Fabia vRS
yup, will be interesting to see how things continue, i think even more valeters and detailers will be moving on to other things as more people do it themselves