ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paint Help Please...

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
I'm going to be colour coding my car soon (well I'm getting someone i know to do it for me) but i need a few answers.

I think my cars paint code is D48, nautical blue, but it would be good if someone can confirm this.

How many litres of paint, primer and laquer will i need if im wanting to spray the side strips, front and rear bumper strips, 2 exterior door handles and a cup spoiler?

Also I need to know what types of paint, primer and laquer to get if anyone can help with that?

I'm going to prep all the work myself so what do I need to get for that? And how do I prep the spoiler and handles which already have paint on them?

Probably all n00b questions:eek: but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Steven.

Edit. Probably going to order all the stuff off www.auto-paint.co.uk as I have heard they are good so if u can relate the type of paint etc to their website that would be even better.

Last edited:
  Astra GSI, 172, Golf
when you say litres i take it you are using a compressor and gun ? if so half a litre should do it easily enough . i would use waterbased paint it costs a bit more but i find it much easier to use than others .
i would use high build primer filler as it would cover the little black bobbly bits on un colour coded trims .
any laquer is fine , i find upol air dry laquer is goos as it drys hard without baking in about half an hour and can be flatted soon after .

as for prep work if they are already painted and have no damage scratches chips etc then a just scotch brite them any little scratches should be sanded down with 400-600 grit sand paper. paint will go over this fine and will not need priming but any lower ( 320 is normally ok , but 180 grit 120 etc will deffo need a little bit of primer and a flat )