ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paint Match

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
Am going to get some paint mixed to colour code my side strips on my metalic black 1.2, am thinking of using Halfords to get the paint mixed up, Ive got the colour code for my paint, will they get me a good match on the paint or should I go somewhere else for the paint? Have heard some bad things about Halfords paint

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Tbh i've never used Halfords to have my paint mixed , i always use a local motor accessory suppliers . The match has always been spot on and they are usually cheaper than Halfords .

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
Im not too bothered about how much it cost I'd just like to get a good colour match, would it be easier to match my colour because its black? What kind of local motor suppliers can you use, Im not too sure about any near me

Punto/Clio GTT
tbh itll never look 100% perfect anyway colour coding

with a black id use off the shelf halfords, but if it needs to be mixed up id probably go to a proper mixing place and get it mixed to the car, not the colour code

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
is that because the cars colour will of faded overtime and wont be the same as the colour code? :(

Punto/Clio GTT
yup.

most of the time colour code is fine, but if youre mixing, id always advise just mixing it to the car if youre actually going to a place. take your petrol cap