ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paint matching

Renaultsport Clio 182
Had some bad luck recently and have scuffed a wheelarch on my Titanium 182 and also the front and back bumpers on my wifes Cosmic Grey Civic Sport.

All scuffs are through the paint and the plastic is gouged on the Civic, so the only option is a bodyshop repair.

Question is, will it be obvious that the Honda bumpers and Clio back wing have been painted or am I better just leaving it.

I have never had metallic cars painted before and dont want our 2005 model cars to look like they have been involved in accidents.

What would you do, can you recommend a bodyshop in York?

Clio_Smart
Id go to a bodyshop and get it done if they are good you will never know it was scuffed.

Ad

MK2 FRS
cosmic grey isnt too bad to match, might be worth tryin chips away, did a great job on my milano CTR.

Titanium is a b**ch to match, need a good bodyshop.

Renaultsport Clio 182
Can chipsaway do long scratches, or just chips. The plastic bumpers probably need some filling too.

Punto/Clio GTT
I have never had metallic cars painted before and dont want our 2005 model cars to look like they have been involved in accidents.

they wont, 99% of people would never tell that theyve been in a crash.

pop around a few bodyshops and just ask to see some of the work theyve done, ask what panels have been painted and check the matches for yourself