ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paint - Spraying, got a run! :(

Monaco Blue Mk2
Been putting the basecoat on my parts today, was going really well, nice even coats, looking good. Got to the last coat on the last part and BAM! a nice big run :( I'm gonna wet sand it down tomorrow when they're fully dry but what is the best thing to do after that? Just put more paint on over the rough bit where I've sanded?

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Basecoat? As in laquer? Should be fine if you sand it down. Your meant to sand every coat of laquer anyway.

Monaco Blue Mk2
No, basecoat as in basecoat! lol The colour, the paint, the one before the laquer/clear coat! lol ;)

^Steve I don't quite think I'm good enough to do a car just yet! lol. Just doing some colour coding bits.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
If its a big run you'll have to wet sand it then spray another light coat of the basecoat . If its not that big of a run you might get away with just a couple more coats of basecoat .

Chocolate Bar™
i'd just wet sand it out, and then respray the section/the panel until it looks perfect again. then continue as normal