ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

painted calapers

hi all i have a black 172 i am not sur what colour to paint the calapers front and back . hear is a pic of my car . i am unsure what colour would suit the car . please help do i need heat resistant paint for the calapers whats the best paint for the job
xdaorbitcompiolet004.jpg

Last edited:
  Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Always paint my brake calipers red no matter what colour the car is. Has always stood out and looked tidy - my arctic blue 182 brakes not great behind the anthracite alloys.

so do u think that red would look nice . does it have to be heat resistant paint also . hammerite from halfords do the job

Black or silver. Im doing mine black Hammerite smooth soon, tried the other day but as soon as i jacked it up it started raining on me !

You could go for red, but its a personal choice i guess.

And i think ive read a few times Hammerite is ok, aslong as its been left to dry for a fair few hours. Its fairly cheap too!

Personally think it would look good with red or yellow callipers......i use Plasticote enamel paint from focus, just rubbed calliper with small wire brush and then gave 2 coats been on a year and still looks good;)

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Personally I wouldn't use hammerite, it's not heat resistant. There is one company that charge about £20 for the decent stuff that will give a perfect finish, but this time I used Halfords own brand engine laquer and it seems to be holding up well- and I get my brakes very hot (faded 182 brakes last week. Uprated ones coming when I get enough spare cash!).

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
gold but not to in your face then id put turinis on it and you car would look 10 tomes better but that imo

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i painted my calipers red a while back, fed up with them now so just gunna do them gloss black i fink

Fiesta ST
i did my drums in black would never do those in red, way to make you look weird, showing off your cool back breaks, ha

and i got the paint from halfords, 25 punds will do both front and rear, i have loads left over when i did my fronts and when i did the rears, just ask for brake caliper paint,

Either black or silver.

Forget bright colours which draw attention as it's not like the set up are anything to write home about (or brembo's etc)

Hammerite smooth is fine for brakes, you do not need to pay £25 for a kit from halfrauds lol.

BG 182
Silver to match the bullets.. Or what would look quite good is to paint the callipers yellow and get your bullets done black with yellow 2.0 16v sign ;)

Mito Sportiva 135
I'm planning on doing mine gloss black. I prefer a standard look and would only have red brakes if they were Brembos, not sure you want to draw much attention to the standard Renault ones do you?!

I was planning on using Hammerite Smooth for the job.

PH2 172
Do them Gold and get some anthracite turinis who put them Tsw alloys on it thats letting the sport down