ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Painting door handles

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Evening,
Would it be better to remove the door handles from my mk2 ph2 to colour code them, or leave them on and mask around? I've heard they're a bugger to get off so I'm in two minds..

Evening,
Would it be better to remove the door handles from my mk2 ph2 to colour code them, or leave them on and mask around? I've heard they're a bugger to get off so I'm in two minds..

Be best buying a spare set to paint,

once they are painted and hardened... fit them and sell yours, as they are easy to remove

Oh and you would get a terrible result painting them on the car

Remove and strip them, they are EASY to get off, you wont get a good finish in situ, door card off, pop the pole out, 10mm bolt, but of a pull / wiggle (open the handle i find help) and they come out. If you want a OEM finish, we do these are post return, can also source and send you a set in the colour you require.

Cheers,
Simon @ SS

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Thanks for the replies. I'll attempt to take them off this weekend. Is there any springs etc that I should watch out for? But worried incase something important pings off.

Thanks for the replies. I'll attempt to take them off this weekend. Is there any springs etc that I should watch out for? But worried incase something important pings off.

Not really, 4 screws at bottom of door card, a screw to remove the inner door handle, a screw to remove the door pull, pop off the triangle trim bit, then lift the door card up and off

Then there is 2 x 10mm nuts holding the outer door handle on, pop the bit linking the door handle to the lock without adjusting its position up or down (don't shut the door unless you are leaving the window down).... Pop the door handle off and pull it out of the door by a bit of a wiggle and as simon mentions it gets easier if you open the handle

Et voila! Done ;)

Then reverse to re-fit once done :)

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Not really, 4 screws at bottom of door card, a screw to remove the inner door handle, a screw to remove the door pull, pop off the triangle trim bit, then lift the door card up and off

Then there is 2 x 10mm nuts holding the outer door handle on, pop the bit linking the door handle to the lock without adjusting its position up or down (don't shut the door unless you are leaving the window down).... Pop the door handle off and pull it out of the door by a bit of a wiggle and as simon mentions it gets easier if you open the handle

Et voila! Done ;)

Then reverse to re-fit once done :)

Cheers bud.
That's a great help!