ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Painting my dashboard

clio Mk2 P1 punto1.4
Write ive never messed with painting things before, apart from at school and i was always crap. I want to know what things i need to paint my dash, it being plastic im not sure what will stick to it and not come off. How do i go about it? Just want to add abit of colour to the dull grey im greeted with everytime i get in. I know they do paint at halfords but if somone could help me with what i need, how long it will take to do, that would be great.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
I'd really advise against it mate, will peel in no time and will reflect in your face

"Navy" N17 TWO
I've seen this done on a fibreglass dash but it was a lot of work!

There are some plastic/vinyl paints you can get that can go straight on without much prep but I don't know what they are like
- I would love to get rid of the dull Grey plastic in the car and go for Black myself :)

Don't paint it,get it flocked it can be done in loads of different colours and will look loads better than paint and last longer :)

clio 1.2 16v campus
its really easy to do and cheep take whatever trim you wanna paint of (if you cant get it of go crazy with maskin tape and newspaper ) give it a light sand or key with either very light sandpaper or wire wool use flexi paint for plastic or vinyl from halfords about £10 primer first then your colour then clear lacquer it shouldnt peel if you do it properly and coupled with some matchin interior neons looks awesome i cand send you a pic of mine if you wanna see first .

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
i would really advise against this. not only will it blind you it will also depreciate your car an make it look very tacky. would also be a great get out for insurance companys

Don't paint it,get it flocked it can be done in loads of different colours and will look loads better than paint and last longer :)

+1 , Spraying your dash will look crap in any colour even if done by a professional. It's just chavvy and unnecessary. On the other hand, if you get it flocked it will look the bollox and actually has some purpose by reducing reflections/glare off of the dash. I'd go for a simple colour fabric like dark grey or black.

Painted dash = w**k.

1. It's not 1997 anymore.
2. Even when it was 1997 it still looked terrible.
3. Glare
4. Glare
5. Glare
6. Get it flocked instead if you're going to dick about with it at all.