ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Painting Renault Diamond

Clio 1.2
Just looking for some input really because i don't know what colour to go for!
Anyone got Ideas? I'm fed up of silver, lol

IMG_0336.jpg

Clio 1.2
I just pulled the front badge off with my hands. Takes a fair amount of force, and it felt like it was going to snap, but it came off in one

Or, you could get a screwdriver, (with tape wrapped around the end so it doesnt scratch you paint), and just prise it off.
And I haven't even looked at the rear badge yet, but it's on my To-do list. lol :)

I'm guessing that your planning on doing the same?

F56 MINI Cooper S
I just pulled the front badge off with my hands. Takes a fair amount of force, and it felt like it was going to snap, but it came off in one

Or, you could get a screwdriver, (with tape wrapped around the end so it doesnt scratch you paint), and just prise it off.
And I haven't even looked at the rear badge yet, but it's on my To-do list. lol :)

I'm guessing that your planning on doing the same?
oh rite, i wonder how it goes bac on then??

well im not to sure whether to do mine or not, having to buy 3 spray cans just for one little badge.

any idea how you get the badge off? doing the rear aswell??

For the rear you have to pop the plastic off on the inside of the boot, it has one torx screw and the rest just pops off, about 7 clips i think.

Then you have to unscrew the 3 bolts holding the boot lock on, then slide the boot lock off the bolts, then pull the plastic cover (that the badge is set in) off the boot, it'll be quite a tight fit as the screw threads almost grip the holes, but a good yank will do it.

Then theres lots of little clips holding the badge on, but i snapped them all off as they really do f**k all. Whats really holding it is double sided tape (with almost 100% contact).
So ALOT of pressure slowly but evenly on the back of the badge will pop it out! ;)

Putting it back on, it some how clipped itself back on when i snapped most of the clips off. :S

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Yeh ive got the same colour car as yours done mine black aswell as the clio badge, but the rear one doesnt look that good as the popper it black so looks a bit cheap. leave it for a couple of days as when i first did it and tried to put it on the laquer hadnt hardnt so i got a nice finger print in it

Clio 1.2
Yeh ive got the same colour car as yours done mine black aswell as the clio badge, but the rear one doesnt look that good as the popper it black so looks a bit cheap. leave it for a couple of days as when i first did it and tried to put it on the laquer hadnt hardnt so i got a nice finger print in it

Got any pictures?

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Sorry crap quality it was off my phone.

Attachments

• DSC00113.JPG
    DSC00113.JPG
    355.4 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC00112.JPG
    DSC00112.JPG
    356.9 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC00110.JPG
    DSC00110.JPG
    355.5 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC00111.JPG
    DSC00111.JPG
    346 KB · Views: 33
  Clio 1.2
This is how the badge curently is.. All primered and sanded etc. I'm not sure, but i rather like it white? Maybe i'm just delusional because of all the aerosol fumes.

P7200011-1.jpg

(s**t quality & dirty car sorry)

It'll still most likely end up black. Looks smart black on those other clio pics.

Front pulls off with a little force and for rear, open boot, undo the plastic panel and undo the boot lock, you should be able to see from there how to do it.