ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

panel filter or k and n 57i

SLK 350
Panel filter is almost always better than any sort of induction kit, the only exception to this is when you have your ecu remapped to compensate for the increased airflow into the mixture - otherwise you can run lean and hit flatspots and loss in power.

Having said that, i also wouldn't spend £30 on a panel filter for a 1.2 engine, really not worth shelling out for if you attempting to increase power (imo). But if your determined then let it be a panel filter.

None
May do but you have to think of the engine heat aswell. I got a k&n panel filter and made my own cold air feed pipe for my 1.2 8v and it does make a suprising amount of difference :)

1.2 16v clio
ive thort bout it some more and finkin a cold air feed or 2 and a heat shield it would make an increase.
any1 tried it?