ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Panny Lumix TZ7 (+ shameless plug)

VaVa
Bought one for my holidays. Great little point and shoot camera. 12x optical zoom is ace. Lens is 25-300mm equivalent which is really useful. It does HD video and doesn't take a bad picture tbh. 3.0" LCD is absolutely crystal although a little hard to see in bright light

Not one for the pixel peepers as there's noise evident at most exposure levels but it's acceptable for a compact.

Couple of random snap shots.

3944764448_66228cc07b.jpg

3943988449_09712624c1.jpg

Sample vid

[YOUTUBE]3M_kp-H2Dic[/YOUTUBE]

And example of the Zoom - Golfer's not there in the first shot btw lol. It's the little tree in the fairway!

1x
3944771558_9214967582.jpg

12x

3944775638_15e625bffc.jpg

Oh and the shameless plug is for my Sigma 10-20mm (canon fit) foir sale here

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=454627

VaVa
Couple more. All pics straight from camera btw and taken either in intelligent auto, or a scene mode (starry sky for the night shot). It has no manual settings, but there are plenty of scene settings to play with.

3944055035_2c467c5646_b.jpg

3944061833_a4631e5382_b.jpg

Great cameras, most of my family have them (genuinely!) after I recommended them to pretty much anyone who asked.

My parents travel all over the world and the pics they bring back from their TZ7s are amazing, considering how much zoom they pack they are exceptionally good (and great at macro too).

Would love to see a high-res version of that 12x golfer shot, looks really really sharp and clear in the version you've posted.

BMW M135i
Just got one last weekend, well impressed with it! Better than the casio shitheap its replaced, buying that was a big big mistake. No photography ***** so does what I want perfectly.

VaVa
God that zoom pic is impressive!

The 12x Optical Zoom is equivalent to 25-300mm! So it's a very useful range. I have a feeling that the camera may have had it's 'Extended optical' zoom on for that picture as it looks a little too far to me!!

VaVa
Just got one last weekend, well impressed with it! Better than the casio s**theap its replaced, buying that was a big big mistake. No photography ***** so does what I want perfectly.

There's enough scene modes to let you take a variety of exposures and yet I find the intelligent auto mode works really well.

It's everything I wanted from a compact. And the HD video is fantastic too.

172 mk2 Iceberg
looks good........... great point and shoot..

I got the tz5 a while ago and 5 holidays later no problems at all

Not as good low light mode as the dslr but very small to carry

I have a TZ5, good little camera just what i wanted.

Does this TZ7 struggle with low light like my TZ5 does?

Think its a DSLR for me next.

Megane RS 275 Trophy
I have a TZ5, good little camera just what i wanted.

Does this TZ7 struggle with low light like my TZ5 does?

Think its a DSLR for me next.

I had a TZ5 then got offered a TZ7 cheap so I sold the TZ5 hoping the TZ7 would have better noise levels but it still as bad!!!

So your answer is yes the noise is very bad on low light shots.

If you want a good DSLR you can buy my D80 (little plug)

Great camera! I bought my Mum the T25 (I think!) for xmas and she loves it. I have used it a bit, and have been very impresses with the results!!

182 FF Inferno
So is this the best compact at the moment?? Looking for one for the GF's xmas present. Budget was set at about £200 but would pay a bit more if the camera was worth it.

A4 Avant & A3
I've just dug this thread out having searched for this exact camera.
And from your pics it looks good!

I was thinking of getting an SD card Camcorder to replace an old miniDV camcorder.
But i also could do with replacing an aging 4mp camera.

On looking online & this thread i'm wondering whether this camera would be suitable as a replacement for both? or would space be an issue when taking video making it a bad idea? (how much video would fit on say an 8Gb card??)
I only really use the camcorder for taking video at my sons birthday parties/christmas & bits n pieces on holiday. So nothing major.

Is there a limit to the length of video that can be taken (or is it just limited to the size of the memory card) & i'm guessing that the image quality will look good when played back on a large ish lcd tv?

Also i take it video files can just be dragged off the camera onto a computer in a 'normal' file format?

Cheers for any info.

Nimbus Megane R26
look great them! Im off to newyork next week and taking mine with me so hoping to get some half decient ones!

VaVa
Still really pleased with it.

Once you get over the fact (as with almost any compact) it's completely hopeless in low light (and noisy lol) I think you'll love it.

Has everything I want in a compact, the HD video recording is really good, although you do get issues with flare/lines from some discharge lighting. You can see it on this vid I took at Wembley, towards the right of the picture, from top to bottom.