ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few from the New TZ6 (TZ7)

B

Brown.

Well finally got a chance t have a go, i opted for the TZ6 over the 7 as for the extra £100 odd quid all you get on the 7 is face recognition and HD video which am not ever gonna use.

Camera is a gem to use, easy and to the point, some nice little modes to aid things as well, although the 'intelligent' modes look better on the lcd then on prints. any way

obvious shops but they have been done with only a few clicks from the packaged software.

This is proberbly the most 'out the cam' image here, looks a little hdr but am sure i have the sturation set a little higher then normal. mind you am looking at these through a MAC screen so to you they are proberbly midnight shots lol

P1010262.jpg

P1010234ver2.jpg

P1010249.jpg

Some of my shots that were play arounds seem to have better definition bewtween foreground and sky, nut most set up shots saw the sky burn out quiet easy, this i a cam that you really do have to trust and not be too anal.

16:9 Mode works a treat too, it does just knock the top and bottom off the shot so a 10MP becomes a 7.3MP.. still gimicky for panasonic (LX1)

P1010240.jpg

P1010213.jpg

12X Zoom works really well too, mind you in full 10MP mode you get an extra digital zoom, if you go to 7MP you get even more, not that you would take it into the digi end but its there for UFO shots lol....think it works about +300mm

P1010210.jpg

Quick go of the inbuilt stitcher, three photos, which it helps you line up and auto sets the exposure for the shots and balances it across them... not bad for a 10 second stitch

Chester.jpg

Just to give you an idea of the optical zoom:

Picture2-3.png

Over all am pretty pleased with it, nice and pocketable, i paid £200 off ebay. worth every penny. still dosnt keep up wit the frame rate of the 40D but much easier to take along to places.

Cheers guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would like a decent p&s to accompany my 40D as well and this ticks a fair few boxes, would be hard to decide between this and a G10/IXUS 980 IS or SX10 but I think the optical zoom and price would win.

That last picture is crazy!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm considering buying the TZ7 as I want a smaller camera to take on my hols this year. Very nice pics from the TZ6 :)

Cupra
Would like a decent p&s to accompany my 40D as well and this ticks a fair few boxes, would be hard to decide between this and a G10/IXUS 980 IS or SX10 but I think the optical zoom and price would win.

That last picture is crazy!

The last pic is from a three photo stitch to maximum zoom so is showing more than just the zoom range.

Looks like a capable camera though, why did you get rid of the Canon?

B

Brown.

^ Just too bulky for trips away, most of the time i ended up at a pub and having a bulky dslr in a back pack was annoying me, plus i never used it asmuch as my last dslr because of this...

here is the unstitched shot for andyRs

P1010207.jpg

P1010210-1.jpg

Sneeks: if you think you will get joy from HD got for the tz7 if not tz6 is exactly the same and cheeper, video quality is pretty good too

Cupra
That is an impressive range for such a small camera!

I know what you mean about carrying a bulky camera around. A camera phone just doesn't cut it for the other times.

Good work, always been tempted by these, recommended them to my parents, in-laws and a few friends, all took the plunge and are really really happy with them. My folks pics from Antigua with it were absolutely awesome, macro capabilities are excellent.

B

Brown.

Macro is excellent, live view lets it down though as it look crap till you take the image, al have to get some macro and video shots in the next few days

Citroen DS3 DSport
Sneeks: if you think you will get joy from HD got for the tz7 if not tz6 is exactly the same and cheeper, video quality is pretty good too

Part of my reasoning for buying this camera will be to use the movie mode which means I'm probably better off buying the TZ7. I currently do not own a camcorder and hopefully the movie mode is of a good standard.