ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Parellels anyone use it?

Revels Mum & Sister
Basically I want to utilise the iMac we have at work for myself. I plan to do Mail, etc within OSX, however we have a couple of Windows Apps which do not support MACOSX that I have to use.

Anyone used Parallels for something like this? Speed wise what is this like. Will be run on a new Intel iMac

Thoughts or is there better software out there?

Bootcamp is what you want for running programs to their full speed/ potential. I think Parallels suffers from this because you're running both OS's simultaneously.

Revels Mum & Sister
Bootcamp is no use I need to quickly switch between the two! Not reboot wait, then reboot etc.

They are not intensive programs but I need quick access.

182 RB FF
Don't use it myself but have heard that Windows works better on a mac than a PC anyway, not sure how true that is though.

Revels Mum & Sister
PMSL this is asking for experience on a SPECIFIC piece of software not a general idea. f**king r****d no wonder you do not have a job.

You cannot compare me asking how a piece of software performs and your obvious inability to read an advert for a job.

Trial version installed and Windows being installed as we speak. Looks like a good un so far.

PMSL this is asking for experience on a SPECIFIC piece of software not a general idea. f**king r****d no wonder you do not have a job.

You cannot compare me asking how a piece of software performs and your obvious inability to read an advert for a job.

Trial version installed and Windows being installed as we speak. Looks like a good un so far.

It's pretty simple to use. Make sure you protect windows though, as it still allows crap onto your mac.

Revels Mum & Sister
Yeah been reading through the blurb. Will make sure I do that. I was assuming some care is needed. The iMac needs a bigger HDD though!

B

Brown.

Mate Parralells is the fastest virtual suite for the mac, bootcamp(used for 3 months and hated it with xp) has hardware issues, ie mouse feedback, screen resize fail...... i have used parrallels for around 9 month now with xp and vista and i have been blown away by the performance with PC software.

it auto adjust the virtual HD space so it never takes more HD then it needs

PM comming your way.....

Kaspersky comes with parrallels due to the 'coherence' mode where you have pc and mac running in the same window as seen below

quick start

th_Picture1-2.png

coherence mode

th_Picture2-2.png

hold alt, cmd and enter to get this

th_Picture3-1.png

modality mode

th_Picture4.png

What files you have on your mac, can be accessed via pc window, like a file sharing thing. kaspersky keeps virus at bay, but don't go mad, leave you p**n for the mac and don't open it in windows etc

Last edited by a moderator: