ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paris: sneak preview

A few people here will be aware that I went to Paris last weekend on an assignment for a photography magazine. Don't want to say too much more on that as it will be published in a few weeks anyway (the deadline was brutal considering I have a full-time job as well!), but as the assignment involved a pretty long walk I managed to squeeze in a few brief moments of 'tourist photography' during my walk to and from the assignment locations (I've retained full rights to all my images).

So this is a very brief, random selection of shots from a very short and intense trip to Paris, of which I allowed approx. 15 minutes for my own photos. I've not included any of the images that will form part of the assignment, will have to wait for the magazine for those.

As always, all handheld (although using the floor for the Louvre shots, and balancing the D90 on a bridge support for the Eiffel shots), and I think all were taken with the Nikon D90 and Nikon 18-200 VR (which is an absolute peach of a lens, the best 'slow' lens I've ever used), the one of the govt. building with the car passing in front is handheld in driving rain and high winds at 1/10sec, I love VR!

414334873_HXN2Z-L.jpg

414338292_viiPN-L.jpg

414339795_3xtvB-L.jpg

414340734_Xbtia-L.jpg

414347391_Q46ka-L.jpg

414348605_gv7ew-L.jpg

414350846_8ARj4-L.jpg

415047423_m5k4s-L.jpg

and something a little different as I wanted an eye catching 'pop-art' style piece to go in the little folder I create about my photography experiences this year...

415051809_ipV2D-L.jpg

On a general note, loved Paris. If I can find a cheap flight I will go back for a weekend again at some point, the place is built for photography.

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
414350846_8ARj4-L.jpg

buggati veyron from the side lol
2007-Bugatti-Veyron-Side-1280x960.jpg

awesome photos mate.
eiffel tower in blue? something special?

vers le haut doigt milieu
As always you stunn me Ukaskew, but the one with the car in the night isn't the best (no5(but still good)) I would of waited for the car to of gone and then taken it again but u said it was windy and raining so fair play.

As always you stunn me Ukaskew, but the one with the car in the night isn't the best (no5(but still good)) I would of waited for the car to of gone and then taken it again.

Took 4 of those shots, this was the only one with a car and it's my favourite :) If nothing else I wanted to demonstrate VR, the conditions really were awful yet this was completely handheld at 1/10 (and ISO1250), not so long ago that shot would have been nigh on impossible handheld.

vers le haut doigt milieu
Thought it was blue because Obama won the election or was that just a coincidence I noticed when watching the news.

did u see the statue of liberty ?? well one of them?

Didn't get anywhere near there, walked something like 22 miles between midday Saturday and midday Sunday but didn't head that way, saw the flame though. Was one of the most tiring things I've done in my life (especially with the stress of trying to get pics for the assignment - which wasn't an easy one), soon as I got home I had to edit everything and write an article.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Stunning shots, the night shots especially are just awesome. Can i ask which magazine it was for?

The mag arrived today, awesome :) (out in shops tomorrow)

Sadly no Eiffel Tower night shots, apparently there are restrictions on the use of those.

The mag arrived today, awesome :) (out in shops tomorrow)

Sadly no Eiffel Tower night shots, apparently there are restrictions on the use of those.

Great shots! Yeah, I heard a while ago that the Eiffel tower at night is somehow copyrighted or something along those lines.

sweet mate, i'm back off on Friday for the weekend, spend a lot of time there, will be moving there after i get my degree...

Lovely place there, so much to do/see. Some awesome shots you got there.

How much walking did you do around the Louvre, its amazing place, did you manage to see the Bastille and get round the Opera quartier?

FF RB 182
Sophs fella here. Really impressive shots, take me back to when I went to paris a few years back (tearing up all the skating spots on my blades). I have a sigma 55-200 VR lens for the D40, VR FTW :p

sweet mate, i'm back off on Friday for the weekend, spend a lot of time there, will be moving there after i get my degree...

Lovely place there, so much to do/see. Some awesome shots you got there.

How much walking did you do around the Louvre, its amazing place, did you manage to see the Bastille and get round the Opera quartier?

Yep it is a great place, want to spend some proper time there one day.

Didn't go in the Louvre as it wasn't really part of my assignment, but walked all around it etc. Think I walked about 20 miles in a a day (midday Sat to midday Sun), pretty epic weekend.

Such great detail for such high iso pictures. Truley Inspiring and Amazing work.

Maybe that where i go wrong, i just leave my camera on iso100 what ever the day/night/weather and always end up with pants pictures :S :(

Sophs fella here. Really impressive shots, take me back to when I went to paris a few years back (tearing up all the skating spots on my blades). I have a sigma 55-200 VR lens for the D40, VR FTW :p

Sigma 55-200 VR?? No such lens??!!! I'm guessing you mean Nikkon 55-200 VR?!

Fiat Panda 100hp
Our first round winner is Chris Harrison whose Sketchbook of Brooklyn Bridge, New York has won him a fantastic Olympus E-400 and 14-42mm lens

Have you got the camera and lens yet Chris?

Fiat Panda 100hp
So annoyed, bought it today but its last months issue!! Going to take it back as its not up2 date.