ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Parking Dint- Removal

Mondeo STTDCI

Have just noticed a vertical dint in the passener door about 2 inches long and very slight. Only seen in some lights. The kind caused by someone elses passenger door.

How easy are these to remove?

Dent devils and chipsaway will do it. Go to their website to get your local operator.

£40-£50 should do it and theyll be able to come to your home or work to do it.

Depends where it is, and what access is available to it.
Also if its in the very centre of the door, there is a metal bar running through to the side impact bar. It is imposible to get behind this to push out any dent.

Anywhere else shouldnt be a problem.

Dont pay any more than *£50 per panel*, no matter how many dents are in each.

Goodluck.

Mondeo STTDCI

Its about the same height as the door handle. Can anyone shed some light as to whether therell be able to get behind it?

Its in the upper curved part of the door.

With most of these franchises youve really got to go by word of mouth, recommendation by a mate whos just had work done and it happy.

If anyone can recommend someone in Farnborough Hants, thatd be great :)

from where you describe it mate there wont be an issue!

I have used this service many times now (bit of an obsessive!)

Most of the time it will be invisible - but as it is a trade learned through time and skill it really is down to the guy who does it - but yes get it done and stop worrying - it will be spot on!

Mini Cooper S sport

Local guy got a tiny dent out of my bonnet (where someone had pushed it shut), and its perfect, youd never know it was ever there. Cost me £25.

they have two ways of doing it, they will either slide a bar down the inside of the door (with the window all the way down) or use a glue and a plunger to pull the dent out.

its amazing how quick, easy and tidy it is to have done!